Chapter Three

---------------
Chapter Three
---------------

"Welcome to base." Xavier said, gesturing to a large white building, with multiple areas. It was apparently a government facility, that they were lending to the pair to try and defeat some guy named Shaw who was trying to start World War 3.

Brilliant. At least we're on track.

"Are we the only ones?" Chloe asked, now with her wings retracted and her jacket back on. Xavier glanced over at her, smirking.
"No, you're not." I wonder what they can do, "Follow me."

He took the lead, followed by Fran, then Chloe, then me and, finally, Grouchy. Through a large entrance hall, where lots of armed men stood. Xavier stayed calm, as did Fran, while Chloe and I tensed. I think even Grouchy was nervous around them - or, at least, on edge.

Understandable.

Next, Xavier took us through a side door and through a small corridor, into a lounge-like room. On the right, there was a large window, showing a grassy outside and a large stature of some guy in the centre. On the left, there was an area similar to a kitchen, with lots and lots of bottles. In front of it, there was a table and some chairs. On one of the four sofa's, there sat a blonde woman, next to a brown haired guy - both facing away from us. On the sofa facing us, there sat a dark-skinned woman with dark hair, who stared at us, curiosity showing, and a black man with short hair, smiled. On two single chairs, there sat two guys. One was closer, with combed blonde hair and a typical bad-boy attitude surrounding him. The other was further away, with a mop of light brown hair and sat sloppily, one foot up on the chair.

As we entered, the door slammed shut behind us, giving away our entrance. Rushing over, the blonde woman jumped up, hugging Xavier tightly.

Relatives or romantics?

"Hey, Raven." He said, awkwardly hugging her, and when she stopped, began to speak again, "Everyone, these are Francesca, Chloe and Ryder."
"Just Fran is fine." She added, surprising them with her British accent. Wait until they hear me speak too.

"Well then, I'll leave you all to get introduced. Erik." He called over to his (probably) German friend, who nodded in response, and they left.

Brilliant. Room full of strangers. Bar Chloe and Fran. But still.

"Hey, my name's Raven and I'm Charles's adopted sister." The blonde woman introduced herself. Ok, so not romantics.
"Hank McCoy."
"Angel Salvadore." The dark haired woman added.
"Darwin."
"Sean." - curly hair.
"Alex." - probably been to prison guy.

"Well, you're among friends now." Raven smiled innocently.

Nice.

---

"We should think of code names." Raven suddenly perked up, out of no where. Glancing at Fran and Chloe, who sat on the last sofa, I mouthed "What the fuck." to them. The only response was a shrug.

"We're government agents now, we should have code names. I wanna be called Mystique." Well, shit.
"Damn, I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean groaned, unimpressed with this, and a shared laugh shuddered through the room. Mystique is too feminine for him to be taken seriously.
"Well tough. I called it." Blue scales rippled over Raven and now she looked like Sean, except in Raven's seat. Wow. That was sudden, unexpected and incredible to watch.
"And I am way more mysterious than you." Raven spoke in Sean's voice. What the fuck. Again.

Clapping echoed and I joined in rather willingly, as Raven turned back into herself.
"Darwin, what about you?" She prompted him.
"Well, Darwin's already a nickname," Is it?, "And, you know, sorta fits. Adapt to survive and all."