Chapter 5

3 weeks later

Olivia POV

I've hung out with Emily a couple times now and I can't say I like her. She's not done anything to me directly but some of the comments she makes about others and she way she speaks I'm not too fond of. Let's just say she's not like the people I'd normally hang out with. And I guess it doesn't help that I've not had any time to hang out with Brad, just the two of as, unless he's with her.

----

I'm currently in my apartment just waking up; I've slept in a little since I was up all night writing an article last night. It was now noon, I would've slept in longer but I had to go in for a staff meeting at the magazine so I dragged myself out of bed and washed up.

I get dressed a made my way to the kitchen to make cereal. I open the fridge to pull out the milk but my luck of course we've run out. I'll let out a groan and I trudge over to boys apartment hoping they'd have what I need. I don't bother knocking since we've all grown accustom to popping in and out of each other apartment for things we needed.

As I enter I hear muffled voices, assuming it's the boys, "need milk" I simply yell making my way to their kitchen. I walk past their lounge area expecting to see just the boys but stop in may tracks when I realize that's not the case.

Brad is there, with Emily but they're not alone, an older couple is also there who give me a kind smile, which return awkward and turn to Brad.

"Liv" Brad stands up, "these are my parents, Anne and Derek", the realization instantly hits me; their resemblance to Brad and picture that I've seen on Brad's instagram, of course they were his parents.

"Oh hi" I say not really sure what to say, I'm not very good with parents. Well I don't' really get on with my parents anyways. So naturally I avoided anyone else's parents, which is stupid I know, I just don't really know how to act around them. I usually keep my distance from my friends parents, including the boys'. You could say I've avoided them, whenever their parents were in town or going to one of their gigs, I'd keep away. There was this one occasion Brad's parents had held a part for the boys at their house for their album release, they'd invited Lily and me, although they'd never met me, they knew lily pretty well. I made up an excuse to not go obviously, which was sad cause I wanted to support the boys but it was best I guess.

"Hello love" Anne speaks sweetly, "you must be Olivia from next door, Brad and the boys told me so much about you"

"Err yeah" I say a little nervous, "It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude, I just-"

"Needed milk?" Derek asks chuckling lightly.

"Yeah" I let out a little laugh too along with Anne and Brad. Emily however sat there looking a little annoyed.

"Well I'm just going go, let you get back to it", I say starting to walk off.

"Wait don't you need your milk" Anne ask smiling at me.

"Right, the milk" I slap my head with my palm making everyone laugh apart from Emily of course.

"Before you get that" Derek stops me from walking to the kitchen, "would you like to join today, Brad and Emily are going to show us around London"

"Yes you should come" Anne agrees

I'm a little taken aback by their offer, "eeerr I'd love to but I have to go into work"

"When do you finish", Anne ask

"5" I answer.

"Great you can join us for dinner then, Brad's taking us to fancy restaurant"