four

four.

Baekhyun had let a sigh escape from his lips, frustration and annoyance obvious to Kumju, who, in fact, glared at him with her dark and blank eyes.

A few minutes had passed since she had made her statement. Instead of following what she had said, she didn't move an inch as she watched his actions. He, too, didn't utter out a word as his breath was visible in the cold air of the empty hallway.

Empty, except for the both of them.

He slowly raised his hand, pressing the button of the drink that they both had wanted. He didn't take his eyes off her, making sure she didn't pull anything in the time between.  Kumju had watched him reach down to grab the bottle from the slot. Rolling her eyes, she had lunged forward and attempted to snatch the bottle away from him. Baekhyun let a few laughs slip from his tongue here and there at the sight of her struggling to reach his hand.

His hand then made its way to her forehead as she let out a huff at her struggling. Baekhyun grinned to himself, opening his mouth to respond. "Is this what you meant by 'I'm willing to fight for it'? Because," he said as he lowered his head to be just a small amount of inches away from her, staring straight into her eyes, "you just look like a 5 year old trying to get her lollipop." Kumju had looked taken aback at his gesture before gritting her teeth and taking a step back. She had dropped her arm to her side and stopped trying.

"And to think that I can't snatch away a bottle from a short dude," she mumbled, messing her hair up more than it already was. Baekhyun snorted as he started to open the bottle up.

Kumju had stood with her arms crossed as she glared at him with her dark eyes. He stole a look her way as he secretly smirked at her attempts from moments before.

As she stood there, her eyes dropped to the floor and quickly noticed his untied shoelaces. "Uhm, you really need to tie your shoes," she stated. Baekhyun held the bottle in captivity as he gave her a look of curiosity.  She only looked at the ground for a second and looked back up to meet his eyes, indicating that he should take a look himself.

Baekhyun had many tell him about Kumju's ways before. From being all cute to the males to pranking others for the sake of her pleasure. She observes the people around her and takes mental notes in her head for future references. He knew that Kumju had the reputation as someone who tricked others. He knew he had to avoid her words, knowing that all she wanted to do was take away the bottle.

Yet, his eyes had dropped to where he currently stood anyways.

Kumju snickered, taking the bottle from his hand and hitting his forehead in the process.

Baekhyun gasped and touched the spot as he complained to himself. "What was that for?" He asked her. She shrugged in response, making sure the drink didn't spill from its place. Baekhyun shook his head, actually laughing at himself.

"You're good," he laughed. Kumju frowned at his words.

"I don't get it."

"Who knew a little girl like you could have this much power?" He asked her. Instead of feeling offended, Kumju had loosened up and tugged her lips back in a smile.

As she stood in the midst of him laughing, she stared at him and sighed. Her mouth had opened to say something but, it stayed open as she crinkled her eyes at the sight of him being carefree.

"Your laugh is ... cute," she commented. Baekhyun had calmed himself down by then before patting her back.

"You won't trick me this time, darling," he replied. She lifted a finger, her mouth formed into a thin line. As if it was a forced smile, showing she was feeling confused.

"I – never mind," she whispered. With a pat on her head, he took away the bottle for the last time. This time, she was too distracted to take away the bottle once again. Instead, she clicked her tongue and shook her head. She let out a slight huff before hunching herself on the corner of the hallway wall.

Baekhyun had the bottle reach his lips and his eyes closed at that moment before he opened them at the sound of her rustling pajama pants. He held the bottle tightly as he dropped it to the height of his shoulder. With the cap in hand, he didn't waste time in closing it.

She looks sad, he thought, taking the chance to walk up to her and sit himself down a few inches away from her. At the sound of nothing but the buzzing of the machine, she had sighed and covered her forehead with her hand.

"Is – is everything okay?" He stuttered, watching her struggle to keep her head in place. She sighed for a second time, leaning her head completely against the solid wall behind them.

"Funny how you aren't the first to ask me today," she weakly replied. Baekhyun hadn't known what she was talking about, resulting in a confused and dazed look on his face. "I'm okay, really."

He hadn't known whether to believe her or not. But he got a feeling that she couldn't help but tell him the opposite.

"Would a bottle of soda help?" He smiled, gesturing to the bottle in his hand. Kumju smiled, taking back all negative thoughts she had in mind. "Don't worry about it. I can just tell Junmyeon Hyung to go buy me a drink real quick," he assured her.

She stared at the bottle for a few minutes as he pushed it forward her way. "I don't know if I should," she commented.

"Listen over here, little girl. We just fought over the bottle and you obviously wanted to snatch it away from my hands and now that I'm offering it to you, you should feel honored and accept it because I'm giving it up for you to be ha—"

"Little girl? Last time I checked, I was your noona." And like that, the small moment of them sharing positive words and smiles had been over as Baekhyun fired back.

"Noona? Please." He rolled his eyes, knowing the fact that he was older. Even if it was only by a few minutes.

"Baekhyun, I am—"

"Oppa—"

"— clearly older than you. Both mentally and physically," she added, ignoring his interruption.

Baekhyun pushed his free hand on the ground as he supported his body to get up from his spot. "Noona, my ass," he mumbled. Kumju's ears perked up when she heard him before getting up herself.

"Byun Baekhyun," she gasped.

"That's my name, don't wear it out," he snickered in response. Kumju folded her hands on her chest as she shook her head.

"That's no way to talk to your Noona." Baekhyun quickly turned around as he started walking away from her. He stopped, looking down to his hand as a thought crept up his mind.

Who knew a bottle of Coca Cola could have this much effect, he thought.

Turning back around to stare at the annoyed girl, he smirked and passed her the bottle. "I don't think I'll be needing this anymore." Kumju took the chance and walked up to him as she quickly took the offer. "You could have just done that the first time, you know," his voice not giving a small hint of annoyance.

Kumju shrugged it off, smiling cheekily at her success before happily opening the bottle. Baekhyun let out a loud laugh as the event unfolded.

And once it was done, Kumju had sworn to get him back.

authors note;;

cries because i haven't updated in three months but y'all amazing for still reading this <3

thank you guys for 10k! here's to many updates to come

also, i will post a summary of this story soon so keep your eyes open for it

- nehal (*⌒∇⌒*)

ps. i hate to ask but it would really mean the whole world if you guys checked out my other stories. especially my jongdae one <3  it's angst because angst is life

no gif this update because this picture gives me life istg

rewritten;; march 20 2016