Chapter 5

I went and got another coffee for myself and Ludwig, insisting that I pay for both ("I'm Ludwig and your Ludwig, so I will pay for both of us as one big Ludwig!" I had told him. He looked at me confused). When I came back with the drinks he smirked, then dropped something into my coat pocket. I pulled it out to find £3.40 (for his drink); so I grabbed his hand, forced open his palm with a surprising amount of strength, dropped the coins in, and closed it again.

"My treat, that's final." I stated, finger in the air as if I was a professor.

"But you paid last night as well..." Ludwig complained.

"That was also my treat." I said, then looked over at him. "Buy me something later if you really feel bad."

"Later?" Ludwig asked.

"Yes." I laughed. "Get in loser, we're going shopping!" And with that, I jumped off the barstool and walked out of the door, beckoning for him to follow.

-----------------------------------

I walked with Ludwig for a while, until we reached a bustop. When the bus came, I payed fir myself and Ludwig (which he wasn't too happy about) then pulled him to the back of the bus and sat down.

"Where are we going?" He asked, laughing a little. "You just sort of dragged me here."

"Meadowhall, it's a shopping center, and you're gonna buy me one thing so you can be out of debt." I replied happily, pulling out my phone.

"You're like a loan shark, you know. But one from an 80's Miami Tarrentino movie that pesters you and hunts you down." Ludwig laughed a little.

I giggled. "Thank you!"

"It wasn't nesicarily a compliment..."

"Neither was Katniss' words to Peeta but they ended up together in the end." I shot back jokingly.

"...What?" A bewildered Ludwig said.

"The Hunger Games, Ludwig! Do you live under a rock?" I laughed.

"No, it's just that you sounded angry."

"Well, I should be! Peeta was a lie from the start and she never loved him, but in the end they end up married with kids? It's horrible."

"You're team Gale then?" Ludwig laughed.

"I'm team 'Katniss is a strong indipendent woman who don't need no man." I said proudly.

"Not gonna lie, I was team Peeta." Ludwig mumbled.

"I don't think we can be friends anymore." I laughed jokingly.

Eventually, we reached our destination. I hopped up from my seat and grabbed my handbag, cheering a 'gracie' to the driver and jumping off the bus, pulling Ludwig along beside me.

"Shopping time!" I cheered happily, linking arms with Ludwig and pulling him through the crowd. We had spent a lot of time in Starbucks, so it was already around 10:00am.

When we entered the building, I immediatley went into shopping mode, visiting every shop I wanted, buying WAY more than intended. By the time an hour had passed, I was already laden with bags, and we had barely even gone into five shops yet.

"Everything you wear is so simple. It's almost militarian, you know? Ooo, let me buy you an outfit!" And before he could retaliate I had already pulled him into Urban Outfitters.

"Feli, don't you dare buy me anything else." Ludwig groaned, but I was already pulling him through the shop, ignoring his statement.

I looked all over the shop, pulling out clothes from racks and holding them in front of him while he stood, waiting. Eventually, I had picked out a whole outfit for him, and I pushed us towards the men's changing rooms. The guy managing them gave us a smile and a tag, then watched, confused, as I dragged Ludwig to a stall energetically.