Chapter 7

(Jasmine P.O.V.)

My eyes fluttered open. Ugh, worst sleep ever, I felt like a bus had hit me and then continuously come back for more…

Finally my eyes adjusted to the surroundings. Wait, this isn’t my room.

I tried to sit up but a sharp pain ran through my shoulder. It was only then that I realized something. I was in a hospital room and Max’s slumped figure sat in the chair next to my bed. His eyes were closed and his breathing looked peaceful.

“Max?” I asked nervously

His eyes shot open and met mine, “Peaches!” He grinned standing up and pulling me into a gentle hug

“What happened?” I asked there was a bit of a gap in my memory…

“Your got shot by Darren Hurst, The Dark Man. He’s been wanted for some time along with his buddy James Newton. They were they same guys that broke into your house that night. Anyways, when you pushed Ellie out of the way you got shot in the shoulder and then passed out. They bought you in the ambulance and took you into surgery to remove the bullet. Luckily they said it missed all the important stuff so it should heal nicely” He finished smiling warmly at me cupping my cheek

I let out a breath of relief, “So, Darren Hurst hey? Is he in jail? How long have I been out?”

“You were in surgery for about an hour and then asleep for about four hours, and no they are just holding him at the police station for now. They don’t have evidence for any of the other crimes he’s committed but I think you should go forward about your parents, then he could be put away for good” he replied quietly

“Yeah, I’ll do that when I get out of here. Has Aunt May come to see me yet-”

My sentence was cut off when the hospital door burst open. Aunt May’s frantic blue eyes scanned the room; her tall thin frame shook. “Jaz! Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” She asked walking towards me and pulling me into a gentle hug.

I laughed lightly, “Hey Aunt May,  and yes I’m alright”

Aunt May let out an audible sigh of relief.  She paused looking from me to Max standing beside the other side of the bed; she raised any eyebrow at me. “And who might this be?”

Max cleared his throat, “Hi, I’m Max Rider. I’m a friend of Jasmines from school…”

Aunt Mays face srunched up in thought for a moment before it brightened like she’d remembered something significant. “Ah, you the one that locked her in the cold room…”

Max laughed nervously, “Um, yeah that was me…” He trailed off rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly

Aunt May grinned and mad her way around the bed pulling him into a hug, “Nice to meet you! I’m a fan of your work” She grinned cheekily at me

“Aunt May! I got a cold from that and missed like two days of school!” I said pouting crossing my good arm over

She laughed at my expression, “I was only kidding kiddo, gosh”

Together we laughed until the door opened, we heard a voice. “Are you sure it’s this room?” Alissa’s voice cut through the air as she emerged at the door holding Ellie’s hand. “Ellie!” I smiled at her

“Jaz!” I smiled at her nickname for me as she ran over to the bed pulling Alissa along with her. Alissa smiled shyly at me, “Uh hi Jasmine, Ellie explained everything to me and I wanted to apologize for all the stuff I did over the years…”

Smiling I nodded at her accepting her apology.

Ellie began to tell us a very detailed version of her events before the doctor emerged at the door; he smiled kindly at us and asked if he could speak Aunt May and I alone. Alissa, Ellie and Max left the room saying they’d wait outside when the doctor cleared his throat.

“Okay Miss Valley, you lost a lot of blood from the wound and we had to give you a transfusion, luckily your friend that just left was the same blood type. He offered to donate for you-”

I interrupted him, “Max? He donated blood for me?” I asked a little shocked

The doctor saw my expression and laughed lightly, “Yes, Mr Rider. He’s quite the gentleman. You’re lucky to have a boyfriend like him-”

I interrupted him again, “He’s not my boyfriend”

He laughed again, “Okay, my mistake. Anyways, your body accepted the blood and your vitals appear to be stabilized. You’re recovering well so you should be able to leave after we finish talking then you’re free to go home. I suggest you take tomorrow off of school to recover”

The doctor left a couple of minutes later after explaining a little more about the medications I need to take to stop the wound from getting infected etcetera, etcetera. Max, Alissa and Ellie walked back into the room. By now I had just finished getting changed into different clothes.

“Hey guys, I’ve just been discharged so do you want go and do something for the rest of the day? I’m supposed to rest but I’m not tried…” I trailed off checking my shoulder

Ellie giggled and clapped her hands together, “Ice cream! Lets go for some ice cream”

I turned to Aunt May with a pleading look in my eyes, she laughed. “Alright kids but be careful”

She left us in the room, Alissa shifted on her feet awkwardly, “So are you guys, like together now?”

I looked at Max; we’re we together? I mean we’d kissed…

“I don’t know are we?” I asked uncertainly

He walked over to stand next to me grabbing my good hand and squeezed, he lent down and kissed me on the cheek, “Yeah we are” He grinned cheekily at me

Grinning return I looked back to see Ellie with her face screwed up, “Ew, he kissed her” Alissa, Max and I all laughed at her comment

We left the hospital and drove together in Alissa’s car to the local ice cream shop.

The perky girl behind the counter grinned at us, what can I get for ya all?”

“Peach flavor please” Max and I said in union

He looked at me and shrugged, grinning cheekily he winked, “Hey when life hands you peaches, you make peach juice…”

THE END

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey there!! 

If anyone actually reads this then thank you!! I know I'm not the best writer out there but I write because I enjoy it. So if you enjoyed this, then good! I'm glad.

Please comment and vote to let me know what you think :)