The 4th Puzzle Piece

//FLASH BACK//

Sehun stared down at the colorless face of the dieing figure in front of him. It was no longer apparent whether the figure was a man or a young boy. The deep brown color in his eyes had turned a sickly shade. The bright owl eyes were framed by dark purple circles. He could assume they were from long nights of pain and worry. Now, he could see the thoughts locking themselves up in the figure's head. He was falling apart before Sehun's eyes. Sehun couldn't stand seeing the familiar sight anymore.

"Hey..." He whispered. Kyungsoo didn't respond. The words lagged when they entered his ears.

"Hey..." Kyungsoo muttered a delayed response, "I'm sorry you have to see this." Kyungsoo pointed to his own face, which held a sad expression.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Sehun shot Kyungsoo a sad smile. He felt the tears forming in his eyes. He wouldn't dare cry though, for Kyungsoo's sake.

A quiet knock caught the two men's attention. They both turned to see Dr. Jun standing in the doorway. "Excuse me. May I speak to you?" Sehun pointed to himself with a confused expression. "Yes, you." Dr. Jun then rushed him from the room, leaving Kyungsoo on his own.

"What is it?" Sehun asked, sounding impatient."You are acting as Kyungsoo's guardian, right?" Dr. Jun asked. Sehun nodded. It wasn't completely true but Dr. Jun wasn't wrong either. Sehun was there by Kyungsoo's side so much it was only fair to assume he was a lover or a guardian.

"Well we should start talking about or options for when this is all over." Sehun felt sharp anger. "What do you mean 'all over'?" Sehun knew but the anger was taking over his senses. The thought of what was to come made his stomach boil.

"Yes. We can't avoid it forever." Dr. Jun sighed and gave a weak smile. It was the kind of fake smile that only a doctor knew how to pull off.

Sehun had seen death before. He had seen the light drain from Jongin's eyes. They were fireflies caught in winter shower. Kyungsoo wasn't a firefly like Jongin though. Kyungsoo was the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Trying so hard to climb but in the end he was doomed to fall.

"I can't be part of this" Sehun's gaze fell to his feet, "I can't see the end." Dr. Jun nodded and placed his hand on Sehun's trembling shoulders. "No one does. Kyungsoo will forget everything soon though. It won't matter in a few days. No one will blame you for leaving. Well, Kyungsoo might but of course he won't be able to hold that grudge for long." Dr. Jun's words stung. Sehun used all of his power to keep himself from punching Dr. Jun in his seemly plastic face.

"Bastard" Sehun hissed. He pushed Dr. Jun's hand away and went back to Kyungsoo. The sentence was ringing in his ears. Like black coffee, it left a bitter taste in his mouth.

//present//

Kyungsoo gripped his bed sheets as the anger boiled up again. Now that Minseok was gone, he could let his emotions fly free. He ripped the sheet from the bed and threw them against the white, spotted floor. He pounded his fist on his pillow before letting it fly against the small collection of boutiques that sat next to the window. The petals broke free in a frenzy of color.

"Sehun! You damn bastard" He curled up in a seat next to the only window in his room. The last words Sehun had said were the only thing that Kyungsoo had written down in the days that had passed.

"I can't come anymore" Sehun had said as he gripped his knees. "Have a good life Kyungsoo." The entire scene seemed to happen in slow motion. Kyungsoo reached for Sehun for dear life. Sehun had turned away to fast. Kyungsoo couldn't stop him.

"Have a good life?" Kyungsoo muttered, "What Fucking life?! What FUCKING life Sehun?!"

"Um... Mister Kyungsoo?" A man walked in. He was obviously a nurse due to the blue scrubs and white sneakers. "I'm here to take you out for a bit. Where would you like to walk?" The nurse smiled.

"There is one place"

***

The squeaking of Kyungsoo's wheel chair acted as white noise as the nursed wheeled him down the the main floor of the hospital. He was getting lost in thought.

"Aish, such an annoying sound, right?" The nursed asked. It seemed he was trying to lighted the mood.

"Not really. It is steady. Kind of calming." Kyungsoo answered.

"Omo! You spoke!" the nurse joked.

"Yeah I do that." Kyungsoo giggled slightly. He looked up at the odd nurse. He was way too tall. Much taller than any Korean man Kyungsoo had met. He was very thin too. He looked like a twig. Kyungsoo switched his gaze to the nurse's face. He was way too pretty to be a man too. The pretty face was almost completely out shined by his big ears. The size made Kyungsoo smile. The man was some kind of elf.

"What?" The nurse looked down with a confused face. "Am I too handsome to not look at?" He teased.

"Elf" Kyungsoo pointed to the nurse. The nurse busted out into loud laughter. "You have found out my secret," He held his stomach as he laughed, " I am Nurse Park the elf." Nurse Park bent down to Kyungsoo's level and gave him a small pat on the head. "But you can call my Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo nodded. "Oh," he paused and pointed at a room across a large lobby. "That is where I want to go."

Chanyeol nodded and wheeled him into the room.

There is was. The flowers were gone. No one had replaced them and no one was there to visit him. Kim Jongin.

"Do you know him?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo nodded. He felt tears forming but he suppressed them instantly. "He died a while ago. He was...a very good friend" Kyungsoo smiled weakly. Chanyeol's face grew darker when the realization as to who he really was finally seeped in.

"He was someone who loved you?" Chanyeol whispered.

Kyungsoo nodded.

"Will you tell me about him?" Chanyeol asked. The looked in Kyungsoo's eyes made Chanyeol realize he had crossed a line. "I mean...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Kyungsoo nodded as if to say if was ok. "I will tell you another time" Kyungsoo said, "Let's go back now."

Chanyeol wheeled Kyungsoo back to his room in silence.