Chapter 5: Why Can't You Help Us?

Danielle's POV: I dialed the first church I found in the book. "Hello?" A woman answered. "Yes, may I please speak to the church's priest?" I asked. "May I ask who's calling?" She asked me. "Danielle Stanley." I replied. "Jackson!" I heard Michael yell from the dining room. I chuckled. "Ok one moment." The lady said. "Hello, this is Father Robinson." A man answered. "Yes, hello. I'm, I have a favor to ask you, but it may seem crazy." I said. "No worries, what do you need?" He asked. "Ok, well, things have been happening in my house, and my boyfriend and I think he's possessed." I said. "If you're asking me to perform an exorcism I have no problem doing that." He said. "Oh my goodness thank you so much." I said. "No problem, what's his name?" He asked. "Michael. Michael Jackson." I said. "Woah woah woah, sorry, no can do." He said. "What?! You just said it was no problem!" I exclaimed. "Yes, but there's a risk that he could die from it, and I don't want to be responsible for a celebrity's death." He said. "C'mon, we need someone badly! Can't you just do it?!" I asked. "No, sorry ma'am." Father Robinson said before hanging up. "What happened?" Michael asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "He won't do it. He doesn't want to be responsible if this kills you." I said. Michael let out a sigh. "There's gotta be someone willing to help." He said. "I'll keep trying." I replied. I called roughly 5 churches and they all said the same thing. "We don't want to kill the King of Pop." After two hours of searching, I found the number of a small local church. I told him that I urgently needed him to do an exorcism. "Sure. The name of the possessed?" He asked. I took a deep breath. "Michael Jackson." I said. "Oh, I don't know." He said. "Please! You're my last hope! Every other church refuses to do it because they don't want to be responsible if he dies! Please, please help us. Why can't you help us?" I said. He let out a sigh. "Ok, I'll do it. Just give me your address and I'll be there tomorrow at 8 P.M." He said. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" I said, grateful. I hung up the phone and felt so relieved. Finally, someone was willing to help Michael. Then the reality set in. What if something happens? What if he actually does die? I was happy he would finally get this demon or of him, but terrified that I might lose him...