Chapter 36

Selena:

"What the hell is wrong with that fucking bastard! Why would he do that? I'm going to kill him" Emily said angrily, and held my hand, rubbing it smoothly.

We were at the bleachers and I was trying so hard not to burst out in tears in front of everyone. We were sitting down, while some guys were playing basketball down on the floor.

I nodded and wiped my face furiously, not wanting any tears on my face "We're not even together. I don't know, it just hurts a lot" I said, my voice cracking.

"Don't cry please" Emily whispered sadly, "Then I'm going to cry."

I chuckled quietly and glared at Kimberly from the distance. She was giggling about something with one of her friends.

I looked away and stared at our hands. I had such a big headache I just wanted to go home, but nobody would come pick me up.

My mom is at work, Emily is here with me, Evan is in class, I don't know Logan's number, and I don't want to see Justin.

Justin. My heart wrenched and inhaled sharply.

Then I remembered Stephen gave me his number in the morning. I could call him, but what if he was busy? I shook my head and looked where Kimberly was and didn't see her anymore, just her friend.

"It's going to be j-" Emily said until somebody cut her off.

"Hello Selena" Kimberly smirked, sitting down next to me,

"What the hell do you want?" Emily sneered, giving Kimberly a dirty look.

Kimberly looked at her with a 'What's your problem' look and shrugged, "I wanted to speak with Selena." She said simply, raising her perfect eyebrows.

Suddenly, all my sadness went away, and it was replaced with anger. "What do you want?" I gritted my teeth, and gave Emily's hand a squeeze.

"Just wanted to let you know something about Justin." She smirked and looked down at her nails.

I didn't give her a reaction. I just stared blankly at her. She wanted me to do something, but I wasn't going to give it to her. "Okay".

"Um." She nodded slowly, "Well, remember when I told you that you were going to regret doing anything to me?" She paused, and I nodded, pretending not to care when in reality I wanted to tackle her down the bleachers, "Yeah, today he asked me to go out with him. I was shocked, I mean, I thought he at least had some small feelings towards you, but before gym he clearly showed he didn't" She chuckled loudly "everybody's talking about our kiss, have you heard?" She asked, pouting her lips.

I felt like I was going to throw up. I shook my head. "No I haven't heard." I lied.

Did he really ask her to go out with him? He probably did. I mean, why else would they have kissed like there was no tomorrow.

I pulled my hand away from Emily and stood up, "I gotta go." I said, and began walking away. I need to leave. I don't want to be here anymore. I can't be here.

"You're such a bitch. You are nothing compared to Selena." I heard Emily yelling at Kimberly but I didn't care.

I just kept walking until I reached the teachers, "Um excuse me, can I please go home? I don't feel good." I said quickly. I mean, technically I wasn't lying.

"Um we have 20 minutes of class, can't you wait a little?" He said, clearly not getting the point that I wanted to leave now.

"I got my period right now, I probably stained myself. I have a headache. My stomach hurts. My mom is in the hospital, and I just want to leave now. I have to go. Please." I said quickly, not caring if he felt uncomfortable.