Chapter Ten

I could feel the pressure of Ashton's arm draped around my lower back, right where the arch rose back up. I took in a deep breath through my nose, a fresh morning was waiting for me, yet I didn't want to leave the comfort of the sheets I was wrapped in. Although, the sheet was only covering the lower half of my body and I could feel the hairs on his arm lightly brushing against my skin. I hadn't expected to be this tired, yet again I hadn't expected to have done what we did last night. It was much overdue for myself, I had to admit. Though, for Ashton I assumed this was a regular thing. He just had the face that could get anyone he wanted and I completely fell for it.

As I lay there for a few minutes, I the bed shift as he flipped on the opposite side and I suddenly missed the feeling of his arm on my skin. I heard a light morning groan escape past his lips into the room and stayed still, laying on my stomach with one eye open and scanning the side of the bedroom that I had barely seen last night. I expected him to get up from the bed and then minutes later to smell coffee or something. The bed lightly bounced as Ashton slid himself up, his upper back laying against the pillow. Another groan left his lips and he brought his hands up to his face to rub his eyes. I figured I couldn't lay there forever and wait for him to get up first. I turned my head to the other side of the pillow, the cold fabric making me feel more awake. My hand slid down to the cotton sheet and pulled it up as I laid on my back, sighing.

"Morning." Ashton looked down at me, sitting further up with his back against the headboard.

"Good morning." I grinned, not wanting to seem too eager and awake.

"Have you been up long?" I tried to keep my eyes on his face but I couldn't help letting them trail down to where the sheet lay very low on his hips.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm not used to sleeping next to someone so when you moved it woke me up."

"Oh sorry." He chuckled. "You probably need the sleep because of last night." I rolled my eyes trying to hide the smile on my face and Ashton continued. "Really though, you kind of wore me out. When's the last time you had sex?" I didn't discuss my sex life with anyone really, well except for Sophie but there was no way that was happening anytime soon. So what if the last time I got some was my junior year of college when I thought it was totally in love with this guy and then the next day I find out he's cheating on me. Yeah, my luck with guys just explained I sentence.

"A while." I whispered, keeping my arms over the sheet on my chest.

"Could have fooled me." I heard him say under his breath, making me blush. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and grabbed a pair of boxers.

"Can you throw me my bra?" I asked once he was standing and partially clothed—okay barely clothed. He tossed it over and I let the sheet fall, snapping on my bra. Ashton walked out of the room before I could ask for anything else. While I was getting dressed, I could smell the coffee being brewed. I took a look in his mirror and wasn't as appalled by my appearance as I thought I would be. I mean, yeah it definitely looked like I had sex but it wasn't one of those walk of shame looks were pieces of hair were flying around everywhere and my makeup was gluing my eyes together.

I finished getting dressed and made my way down the stairs, still admiring how much nicer his place was compared to mine.

"So." Ashton began, pouring the coffee he brewed almost to quick for me to process. I took a seat in the infamous stool that had started our heated session. "I have a proposition for you." He said simply.

"Okay? And what's this proposition?" He placed a cup of the black liquid in front of me with a clink.

"Sex." I hadn't taken a full drink before spitting it back into the cup, almost choking.

"Um, what?"

"Just sex. Whenever with no strings attached." He sipped the coffee with confidence.

"Like friends with benefits?" I wondered as it clicked in my head.

"Yeah." He shrugged one shoulder.

"Are you so sure that's a good idea? I mean we could-" I stopped myself. This was exactly the kind of thing I had been waiting for. "You know what? That doesn't sound half bad." An accomplished smile grew on his lips. "Shouldn't we set some ruled though? If we're going to do this I want to make sure we're on the same page." Ashton cackled.

"I knew you were going to pull something like that." He smiled, "Fine, of you want some rules how about one: no feelings; just sex."

"The more you say that the more I don't know how much of a good idea it is." I chuckled at him.

"If we catch feelings then we end it and just be friends. It's as easy as that." His smile was so convincing there was no way I could say no. And there was no way I was passing up on those nights like we had last.

"Fine. Deal." I stuck out my hand, a bit formal for the situation but still a way of conformation. He shook my hand with a winning grin and we shook on the agreement.

I was definitely sleeping with a friend.