Chapter Eight

"This pack, Judd you can't leave it. We're at a loss without your direction."

"Should have thought about that first then." Judd stood, stepping around the side of the table and over towards the sink where he rinsed his coffee mug.

She sat down, sighing loudly. "Judd, we're all sorry. How many times do we need to say that?"

"Not enough."

"What does that mean?" she asked.

Glaring with annoyance at her. "It means, you could apologise until the day you died, and it still wouldn't be enough. You put my wife, and child in danger. You sent dad to convince me to give Elle up and take my son. You and he wanted me to re-mate, all for what? Because my mate is a human?" his voice began to raise. "I told you to accept her, but instead you arrange to try and scare her into being someone who she is not. I will not forgive you for humiliating her like that... I should have.." He stopped himself, and calmly finished. "It's time for you to leave."

"No. Don't you dare. Theo is also mad with me, you took off and threw your pack away for a mate. Your pack comes first. It always comes first Judd."

I rolled my eyes, not realising that now probably wasn't the best time for sarcasm. "Do you remember the day we got married? When we were having our wedding, all to throw the rouges off course and surprise them with an attack? Yeah, that was putting the pack first. The one day, I wanted to be about me, wasn't."

Judd, smirking but stayed in control. "Elle. Not the time."

"Well, I'm still waiting for my first dance, so whenever you're ready to make it up to me." I teased. "Plus, you owe me a wedding night."

Susan, stepping in between us with her back to me. "This pack needs you. We're at a loss."

I jumped as Judd's fist slammed against the counter, rattling the windows. "Elle is right, I fucked her one dream up all for the fucking pack. They never gave a shit about her, well not the women anyway. I had the men under control, but mother it was you, you didn't want to give the Luna title up. You didn't like that another woman came in, human of all things and took that from you. You were meant to help her." Stepping closer, he glowered. "I trusted you to teach her, to help her and you pitted against her."

These two were going to wake the baby with their bickering. Both of them needed to sit down and talk this out. Make some sort of decision on who would run the pack, or how they could get along without it ending in an argument.

As much as I wanted to help these two, my eyes were back on my darling son whom, had my full attention. He was utter perfection. I adored him, and would keep him safe no matter what. It was like some kind of secret scent, that I was up and moving towards him just as he opened his little blue eyes and let out a loud wail.

"I'm going to take him in the other room," I told Judd as I picked up Finley, and nestled him snug against my chest. "After I change him."

"I'll help."

Judd went to come with me, leaving his mother to her own. "No, it's ok. I think you two need to talk."

"Luna, may I hold the future alpha?" her arms beginning to outstretch as she tried to take him from my arms.

I felt protective of him. Everyone was referring to him as Alpha. I understood that he was next in line, but he wasn't that right now. "He's a baby. My baby, and he's not a wolf right now. He has a name, and it isn't Alpha, so stop calling him that!" I whispered, rushing through my sentence before I took off upstairs.

Sighing, I eased down into the chair to feed and used the nursing pillow to help. It was harder when Judd wasn't here to help with everything. I needed to get used to this. But, what was I getting used to exactly? A pack, or a life of strange normalcy? He didn't want to be here but we were back here.