Chapter Five

You wouldn’t know that I was currently in labour. There was no screaming, or no clutching my stomach as I felt an agony ripping through my body. Nope, nothing at all.

Instead, I stood here listening to Judd and Theo bickering about where I was giving birth.

“You’re the dad, why haven’t you got all this figured out?” Theo asked, exasperated and almost pulling his hair out. His eyes flicking to mine, then glancing down my stomach. “How long until he’s out?”

Shrugging. “Soon-ish?” I asked, I had no freaking clue.

“That’s it. Get in the car, we’re going to the hospital.” Judd’s tone final and not up for discussion.

I looked at him and everything began to hit home. I was about to give birth, and yet I still had nothing. “No. We can’t leave.” I wasn’t going anywhere. My legs would clamp over if need be. “I don’t have a nappy bag, or clothes or nappies!” I was the one starting to freak out. “There isn’t any furniture in this damn house!”

“Elle.” Judd took a slow lingering step towards me. “Baby, relax. It will be all sorted out.”

“Oh what? You telling me that you’re some magic fairy who can wave her magic wand and have everything magically appear?” I snapped, trying to control my breathing. Vaguely, I remember calling him a she but that wasn’t important right now. I was going to have a baby on the street if things didn’t get decided soon.

A howling laughter erupted within the room and Theo was bent forwards, gripping his stomach as he laughed purely, and free spirited with the loudest I have ever heard him lose it.

Judd didn’t seem the slightest impressed as he frowned, shaking his head. “What?”

His eyes watering once he looked up at us. “Sorry, just got a full blown image of Judd with wings.”

A smiled played on my lips as I grinned, then groaned as my stomach tightened. “Judd.” I took in another deep and steady voice. “Take me to the hospital.”

“Elle, I don’t know.” He sighed. “I don’t know if I cannot rip someone’s throat out.”

“Well you need to suck it up and deal with it. We’re having this baby, and I don’t need you getting jealous over nothing. This baby has to come out, and there’s only one exit.” I glared. “If I have to suck you off to stop you from shifting in a room full of doctors and midwives, then so be it. But, we are having this baby, and we need to go now!”

He wasn’t mad like I expected. Instead, amused. “You would suck my dick?” his brow raised.

Slapping his chest, I rolled my eyes. “Come on daddy, we’re having this baby.”

“You’re going to turn me on,” he grumbled lowly against my ear. 

“And you’re going to make me sick,” Theo groaned with an eye roll. “I think we should leave before it’s too late.”

I was going to drive to the hospital, until Judd pointed out that my contractions were growing stronger and coming on quicker. It was easier to let him drive and no argue. My breathing hard and ragged as we darted in and out of traffic, he ran almost every red light and was going over the limit. Theo said if a cop came, he could shift and eat him. As much as I knew he was kidding around, I kind of believed my loving mate would do that.

Pulling to a stop. Judd was out of the car, and opening my car door up. “Baby,” he whispered, a hand spread out over my stomach. “How are you feeling?”

Speaking through deep pants. “I’m ok. Scared.” Scared? I was terrified.

“Don’t be,” he grinned. “You’re about to give birth to our boy.”