Chapter Nine

Jolting awake, my eyes flying open as I sat upright and carefully slid out of bed. Making my way over to Finley who was crying. I'd never get used to that loud wail, and how I seemed to hear it before he actually woke. I didn't want to wake Judd up. He looked exhausted. He needed to rest. I made my way to the nursery, needing to change my little boy. Once done, I carefully tip toed down the stairs to the living room.

Unclipping my bra, Finley began to feed and I laid back on the couch. The silence was eating at me. My emotions all over the place lately. I felt guilty. For everything.

We were in the pack town, and Judd just wanted to hibernate at home. Not dealing with anything.

I jumped when I heard his low voice approach from behind me. It was the tone of his voice that frightened me more. "Why aren't you in bed feeding him?"

"I hate when you do that. Did you fly down those stairs, or something?" He was too quiet, then again. He needed to be, to catch the prey. "I didn't want to wake you up."

"I was already awake. You know the slightest noise, and I wake up." True. Walking around in front of me, he stood wearing low boxer shorts and my eyes were glued to them. How could I not, he was right in front of me. "Why are you feeding down here for?"

I shrugged, feeling silly for the inner thoughts tormenting me. "Just coz."

"Elle?" He chuckled. "Are you ok?"

"I'm happy, but-" I stopped myself. How could I say this. "This is all my fault. Your dad.. that you're fighting with your mum.. even the pack."

"Stop it." He growled low, a rumbling in his chest stirring up. "You're not to blame. I won't listen."

"I'm the human. I screwed up your life." I felt the tears coming on, and I shook my head, bringing my hand up to dab them away. "He'd still be here, if it weren't for me." I whispered.

"Don't say that."

"It's true." It was. His dad would still be here, if it weren't for the simple fact that I was human and not a wolf.

"You belong to me."

I looked up, not wanting to doubt it but I did. "Do I?" I asked, unsure and that scared me. Steven has scared me when he said our bond was gone. Just how gone did he mean?

Judd was at my feet in an instant. His hand running my thighs, and back down again. Resting on my knees. "You don't feel our bond anymore?" He asked, almost afraid of my answer.

Shaking my head. "I want what we had before, when I could feel you.''

"I could get you pregnant again soon, it could come back."

"No." I couldn't do another pregnancy for awhile. Like, a long time. I just, I wanted that feeling again. The one where I was primal and possessive towards him. I felt it but it wasn't like before. "I love you."

His next question ached at my heart. "Are you still in love with me?"

"Of course I am. Don't ever question my love for you." I couldn't ever deny that my love was unconditional for him. He was my life, and I adored him. My heart was his.

"That's what you're doing Elle. You're questioning us, in front of our son." He glared back.

I raised a brow, looking at Finley who had passed out whilst drinking from my breast. "He is a baby, he has no idea what we're talking about."

"He's a wolf." I didn't need reminding. Unfortunately, I didn't want to hear that.

I glared back, holding him closer to my chest. "He's a baby. He's not a wolf until he's on all fours and covered in fur."