Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Or: Arrivals

(The Welcoming Feast)

Amy had changed into her robes and James had left long before, not without another awkward eye contact moment between the two of course. He had left as soon as he had woken from his nap. Now that he was gone, Amy felt relieved. The train had come to a halt and Amy waited for the other students to get off. She fixed her robes and quickly stepped of the train, taking a deep breath before she took the step that would officially start her school year.

Her foot met the ground, she opened her eyes and smiled, Hogwarts always gave her a homely feeling. But that wasn't the only reason she was smiling. Waiting on platform was Adam. "Hullo," he smiled at her. Because of the height difference had to look up at his face "Hi," she said.

"Would you mind some company to the castle?" he asked smiling, a short lock of his brown hair fell on his forehead and his hand was extended towards Amy. She placed her hand in his and smiled shyly.

"Not at all..."

"Wonderful."

"But I'd hate to trouble you."

He shrugged. "I don't mind. In fact, I am heading in that direction myself. A coincidence, I think not?" he said winking at her.

Amy punched his shoulder lightly.

"C'mon then," Adam said clasping her hand and pulling her to the direction to the carriages.

James and Fred hid behind a wall, only their heads peeking out from behind, as their first victim appeared. The large Hufflepuff boy, possibly a 3rd or 4th year, stood a few feet from the entrance of the Great Hall. Fred gave James a nod before he waved his wand and whispered the incantation of the Hover Charm, immediately a stem of Gillyweed lowered towards the back of the boy's neck. His eyes widened and he let out a high-pitched as he ran to the Grand Staircase. James and Fred snickered.

"Good one, Jamie," his ginger cousin praised.

Before James could yell at his cousin for calling him Jamie, he realized someone was standing behind him. "Mr. Potter, I highly doubt you and Mr. Weasley would like to be sent home before the year has even started now would you?" The tall figure of Professor McGonagall stood before them.

"Good evening Professor," James smiled calmly.

"You're looking especially lovely this evening, don't you agree James?" Fred looked at James.

"Absolutely." James nodded.

The headmistress did not look pleased.

"We'd better join everyone for the Feast," James said nudging Fred.

"Right. I'm absolutely famished,"

McGonagall watched as the two boys hurried off, the corners of her mouth were pulled upwards slightly. "I really need to retire soon," she said to herself, shaking her head with a smile.

Peri smiled at Amy who had just entered the Great Hall and sat down next to her. Peri embraced her friend before giving Adam, who was sitting opposite them, a small wave. "Look at you two lovebirds!" she said happily.

The ceiling was beautiful as usual, stars almost fully covered the dark night sky and the moon peeked out from behind grey clouds.

"I'm so glad I set you cuties up. You should thank me," she boasted.

Amy and Adam looked at each other, then looked at Peri and laughed.

"What?"

Meanwhile Fred and James joined Roxanne and the rest of their mates. James ruffled his younger sister's hair before sitting down, causing her to scowl and push him away slightly. They sat accordingly; Fred and James on one side, Sonia Patel and Ava on the other. Roxanne and Quintus were sat at the Ravenclaw table.