Chapter Nine

Question of the day: Does he like-like me?

   "Knock, knock."

   "Who the fu-"

   "You're not supposed to swear Brooke. It's a knock-knock joke." Zayden explained. He came to visit me since Leah and Henry are still at the gym.

I ended up walking home from the gym.

We're currently in the living room watching nothing. Leah's parents weren't home so I'm alone with little ol' Zay.

   "Fine, who's there?"

   "Orange who?"

   "Orange you going to open the door!" Zayden burst out laughing like a maniac. Hitting the arm of the sofa, stomping on the floor, and he has his eyes shut.

   "Zayden it isn't that funny."

   "Get it cause orange sounds like aren't you-" There he goes again.

I waited for him to stop laughing and looking like a retarted seal.

   "O-okay I'm done. Wooo! That was hilarious."

   "No it wasn't. Heard that joke plenty of times."

   "Well that explain s why you weren't laughing with me." Zayden frowned. "Lets play 20 questions yeah?"

   "We already played that."

   "Yeah but those questions were basic." He argued.

   "Okay fine." I gave in because I wanted to know intense stuff about him.

   "Want to go first?"

   "Umm, okay. What's your biggest, darkest secret that nobody knows?"

   "I'm gay."

I froze. What the actual fack? Then why'd he kissed me? Oh my, I kissed a gay guy! Why did he say all that wonder stuff to me? Why did he take me on a date? I knew it was to good to be tr-

   "Oh my God, look at your face!" Zayden laughed.

   "That's not fucking funny! You fucking little weenie! You fucking little bi-"

   "Okay I get it, I get it! I'm sorry okay. I thought it would be funny. And look it was funny. I'm not gay."

   "Bitch." I mumbled crossing my arms across my chest.

   "I'm sorry." Zayden apologized again. He scooted over on the sofa so he can hug me. "Okay, my turn. Who did you have your first kiss with?" Zayden asked me. Curiosity written all over his face.

   "Oh God, what kind of question is that?"

   "It's a question. So answer it."

   "It was my junior year. Leah had her first party. I was a bit tipsy. We were playing truth or dare and I had picked dare. Somebody dared me kissed the person on my left. That person happened to be a girl. So she wa-"

   "Hold on! You kissed a girl?"

I nod in approval. I can feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment. I mean that's not how I planned to have my first kiss.

   "That's pretty hot." Zayden added.

   "Not for me. My turn, when did you have your first kiss?"

   "Freshman." He said taking a sip from his soda can. "I was nuts for this one girl. She was my 'dream girl'. On Valentine's Day somebody gave her a huge white teddy bear.

   "Was it you?"

   "No, it wasn't me. She asked every boy she had in her classes if they gave it to her. All responded no. Then, she asked me and I said yes. When I said yes she kissed me."

   "Well then what happened?"

   "Nothing happened. She wasn't that good of a kisser. Or was it me? I don't know. Anyway, my turn! Umm, do you have  a boyfriend?"

   "No Zay I don't."

   "So can you answer this question: will you be my girlfriend?"

Say whaaaaaaaaat?

   "Brooke?"

I looked up at Zayden. There's a million questions going through my mind right now.

   "Say something."

   "Why?" I asked out of all the questions I have in mind I asked that one.

   "Why what? Why I asked you? Well because Brooke you're something different. A good different and I like it. I like you. You're funny, nice, sarcastic and the list goes on."

I hate the fact that I don't know what to do.

   "I'm fat Zayden."

   "You're right you are but with a little exercise you'll lose it." Zayden rubs my cheek with his thumb. "Will you please be mine?" he asked once more.

   "I-I will." I whispered so only he can hear me.

With that being said he kisses me. He brings my face closer to his. I place my arms around his neck. He bites my lower lip like the first time we kissed and slides his tongue inside my mouth.

Are we going to fast? We indeed are. I really hope I don't regret this. I hope he doesn't break me.