Part 7

"I'm telling you Dan, he's not good news," Dottie was beginning to grate on me. Usually our Saturdays out to Brighton were great, I mean we were meant to be best friends. But today she was seriously pissing me off.
"How would you know?" She put down her Starbucks on the table and gave me a surprised and angry look. "You've never even met him," I proceeded to drink my coffee. Slurping through my straw, she tried to avoid the subject,
"How's drama coursework treating you? Music technology is a bummer in the coursework section. Honestly, if I could have a do over..."
"You'd still pick music tech," I gave her a soft smile, "because you love it." She smiled and stirred the whipped cream into her drink with her straw.

"Okay, I get your point, but I'm sure iron man would figure away around it. Like c'mon he created an element! He'd find a way to defeat hulk,"
"You're being stupid, if he could figure out a cure for poor Bruce he would've already-"
"I'm not suggesting a cure! He's fucking iron man you shit head," she laughed as I tore grass from by the bench and put it on her skirt.

The grass here was a pale yellow colour and was practically dead compared to the one at our school. Dogs walked past the grass and sniffed the bushes, deciding which one was marvellous enough to be considered their territory. The fountain was much more impressive, it was a large circle with a dew drop shaped water spout. We had decided to reside here because the wind was becoming a problem and the thick trees blocked it rather nicely.

Dottie had curled her black hair, put on red lipstick and was wearing mom jeans and a small black top that said 'Paris' on it, in small blocky writing. She was quite pretty, but in a friend way. I couldn't see myself being with Dottie. At all. I could see myself doing dares with her and ending up in A&E with chopsticks in my nose. She made me feel happy and warm. But then so did Phil. Somehow it was different though, with Phil everything felt so intense; so heavy. If they were both books Dottie would be a recipe book with cute pictures that you would lend to your friend and Phil would be the kind of book you couldn't read in public for fear of blushing tol much. If you catch my drift.

"Daaaaaan," Dottie was leaning back onto her arms,
"Whaaaaat?"
"My legs are dead, please have mercy," I rolled off her legs so my head was on the grass. The clouds were like strokes of watercolour on the pastel blue sky. The sky was a blue to yellow gradient and the sun was very low.
"We'll probs have to leave soon," I covered my eyes with my hands and sat in the darkness.

I sat like this for a while. Until I felt a strange body heat gravitate towards me. Before I could take my hand from my eyes, I felt chapped lips brush mine. I froze, caught the breath in my lungs, and sat very, very still. I didn't know what to do. I'd never kissed anybody before. Before I could freak the fuck out she backed off, smug and glowing pink.

It wasn't as I imagined it, or how it looked in sloppy movies. There was an awkward silence and I felt like rubbing my mouth with a scouring pad. In the movies the kisses were full of either lust, passion or pure love. None of these really fit the bill. I would say that it was full of obsession and months of planning. I'd come to the conclusion that it was weird and I was still undecided on the level of pleasure it provided.

I didn't know how to feel, or if I should count that as my first kiss. I knew she would. Suddenly I began to realise all the things she did were not so platonic.... And kind of creepy. Platonic hand holding? Paintings of couples and love hearts that she gave to me? Longing stares? Turning up at my room randomly? I wanted this girl as far away from me as possible. And I wanted my real best friend back. Phil Lester.

~~~~~~~
Fun filler chapter is fun and Dottie is a bit weird. I'm sure you love her lolzor. I'm sure you'll love her sly, wiggling ways. Mwahaha ψ(`∇')ψ