Chapter 9

• Dedicated to the cute girl who doesn't speak to me

Hermiones POV  

"Hermione? Who is this Hermione?" Bellatrix howled. "Should we go to find her?" She asked fellow death eaters.  

"You leave her the fuck alone." Draco said sternly.  

"Oh! Is she your girlfriend? The Slytherin girl?" She said excitedly. She could never be more wrong.  

"No. Leave her alone." He repeated. I had a sudden desire to run up the stairs and hug him but I knew that was inappropriate.  

"Draco, tell us who Hermione is." another voice said calmly.  

"Its none of your business. Leave her." He said. "She can do better anyway." He croaked. I stared at him in disbelief. How could he possibly think that. Draco slowly walked to the side of the Tower, looking down. He was looking down like he was that night in the owlery, but this time he looked more tempted.  

I started slowly walking up the stairs.  

"Hermione! Are you mad?" Harry hissed.  

"Probably." I said simply and got the top. The death eaters were still peering at Draco when I arrived. The tower was cold and some of the wood was rotting away.  

"Draco. Don't you dare leave me like that." I whispered, the death eaters still didn't see me because of the darkness blanketing over me. Draco turned around calmly.  

"No way, we had a promise." He said and hugged me. I knew the death eaters had seen me now as their focus was originally on Draco and therefore must be on both of us now.  

"Are you Hermione?" Bellatrix bellowed. Draco stood a few inches in front of me, almost like a shield. "Its Potters friend!" She shouted.  

"Draco! James was right! You filthy blood traitor!" Lucius shouted furiously.  

Draco stood there hopelessly, until he smirked. "So you talk about who I am shagging behind my back?" He said amused. Lucius looked even more furious. Angrily raising his wand at me. "Don't you dare." Draco said stepping in front of me.  

"Move, Draco." He said sternly. Draco shook his head and looked at me.  

"We'll both run, we'll run straight to the great hall, okay?" He whispered. I nodded and ran, knowing that he would rather me being in front. "Stay there, Potter, they don't know you're here." Draco hissed as we passed Harry.

We continued running until we reached the great hall, people will still there from dinner. We ran between the tables, slowly reaching McGonagall. All the people in the room stared at the Gryffindor girl and the Slytherin death eater, holding hands, desperately shouting about death eaters.  

"Calm down, what is happening?" she croaked confused. We slowed our breathing down and rapidly explained what was happening. We didn't mention Dumbledore, not yet. She told us to sit down and calm ourselves and she ran off in the distance. Draco was sat with one of his fingers on his pulse, desperately slowing down his breathing.  

"We should go and help the order." Draco said quickly. I smiled at him and could hardly believe that he had said it. I knew we couldn't though.  

"We cannot, Draco. We'll get killed."  

"I am already disowned." He sighed and grabbed my hand. I never noticed how tall he was, but he was towering over me, and that almost made me feel safe. The members of other houses were staring at us. Suddenly a blonde girl from Ravenclaw stood up.  

"I can help." Luna said casually and joined us.  

"I will too." said Neville.  

Suddenly we had so many people around us, offering to help. Of course, we accepted it.

(sorry for the wait.)