The Explanation of the Story

Now, before I begin, I'd like to thank everyone who read this story, voted for the chapters, and commented! You guys are absolutely loved! I would mention you but that will make things way too long. D:

Also, this chapter can be used as a reference for the POA. I think I'll also put this up on my profile, too. Only the things that will help explain POA more. :D

So, I know I said that I'll give an explanation and a summary of what happened, so I will. This whole story was based on emotions a lot of us tend to have. So, I'll just explain that here. This will be extensively long, so please...BEAR WITH ME.

._._._._._.

"Prologue"

Kazuto had lived a life under the name of his own brother. He was told that his given name "Kirito" was a powerful name that Byakko had provided. Up until the attack, he was trained to fight as a warrior in their village. They have a tradition of changing the names once they become a Warrior. So, pretty much, Kazuto was already a warrior called "Kirito". Asuna was kidnapped from their village seven years ago. Heathcliff promised her that she would be free to do what she wishes as long as she kills Kazuto. As a result, she tried to make it look as real as possible, but she had no intention of actually murdering him. So, the Knights of the Blood Oath basically invaded the village just to decrease the population and get rid of the potential "Demon".

"Kirito"

That chapter was just to introduce Kirito. But, as mentioned in the beginning of the chapter, Asuna was feeling guilty for hurting Kazuto in the first place. To her, Kazuto was practically her world. Before she met him, she didn't have any memories of her parents or anything. So, Kazuto was the one who taught her to smile as mentioned in the chapter.

Lady Ellonie later explains to Asuna that she used her as a sacrifice to protect Kazuto seven years ago. Asuna figured that out long before she was told. The Knights of the Blood Oath was led by Heathcliff at the time and they were trying to get rid of Kirito's little brother. They decided to Kill Kazuto because he was considered a demon because his own brother was called a "demon". Of course, that wasn't true.

When the chapter turned to that little portion of Kirito (he was a small kid in this one), it was pretty much summing up his early childhood before he was taken in by Byakko. Byakko is a literal "Guardian". He protects the lands to the west and rules over the season Fall. He also teaches any "Restorer" how to use their powers. In other words, Kirito was trained under that abnormally large tiger.

Next, you see him grown up into a fine fifteen-year-old, running away from the people who want him dead, two weeks after his best friend, Ryoutarou, was murdered. Since his power as a Restorer scares people, he was labeled as a demon. Both of his parents were ridiculed, but they didn't blame him because they loved him. :D

It was said that demons have black blood, but obviously, Kirito bled red so his pursuers figured out that Kirito was just a normal, everyday kid. After falling off the cliff, Kirito ran into Heathcliff, who happened to be around the area. He was pretty much offered his death sentence and given time to think about how he dies: willingly go with Heathcliff to die and spare his friends from sharing the same fate, or don't join and give his friends their untimely death. So, of course, Kirito managed to give himself time to "think about it".

Bluntly stating, he was actually trying to find someway to avoid Heathcliff as long as possible.

"A Sweet Little Brother"

This chapter starts off with Yukio, the younger twin of Eugeo. He's the deathly quiet one who makes a majority of the furniture and other things. He's like a craft smith that comes with hunting. Since Eugeo (the twin that does all of the farming, housework, and a pharmacist) asked hi to do a favor, he ended up going out and finding a half-dead Kirito. As the chapter goes, he took him home and the brothers did their best to treat him.