Haywire Halloween

Once on a particularly spooky Halloween night, I was going trick or treating with my friends.  I had to take Aqua and her friend, June, with us.  We went to our neighbors’ house first.  They don’t usually don’t dress up for Halloween, but they always hand out full size candy bars for all the trick or treaters. 

As we walked up their sidewalk, we saw them sitting on their porch.  The funny thing was they were dressed as vampires.  When we got closer I saw how real their costumes looked.  The fangs looked exactly like real teeth, except they were long, pointy, sharp, and blood stained.  They each were holding an empty bowl. 

We reached their porch and said, “Trick or treat!”  They stared at us with bloodthirsty expressions.  They told us that they were out of candy, but they had more in the house.  We followed them inside.  They closed the door behind us and locked it.  When we asked why they did that, they said, “We don’t want the door to blow in, now do we, honey?”  The weird thing was that their door opened out, not in and it wasn’t even windy. 

We followed them down the hallway and into their kitchen.  While they were rummaging around in their cabinets, they told us to sit down at the table.  Then, not a moment to soon, I turned around and saw them coming at us with barred fangs, ready to bite.  I screamed and we tried to run out the back door, but they beat us to it. 

They started chasing us around their house.  Finally we came to an open window on the second floor.  We would have to jump.  Far below us was their trampoline.  I told everyone to quickly jump out the window and on to their trampoline.  We could run to my backyard and be safe hopefully before they realized our plan.