chapter 5

We successfully snuck past Frankenstein, only to find a witch circling above our heads, flying on her broom stick. The witch landed her broom stick and came towards us, laughing evilly. Then, just as the witch was about to turn us into soup, the mummy and Frankenstein came up behind us. "We are dead meat!" I thought.

Then, all of the sudden, a helicopter search light shone down on us. We waved our arms wildly and screamed at the top of our lungs for help. The helicopter's rope ladder dropped down and we scrambled up to the top. As we entered the helicopter, I glanced at the pilot. I couldn't believe my eyes! Instead of a pilot, Snoopy, Charlie Brown's dog, was flying the helicopter.

We screamed and tried to escape. The only problem was we were flying in the air. We looked around. There were large windows that we could break if we had to. I could see the control panels with flashing buttons, levers, gauges, and a mass of tangled wires.

There were so many parachutes in the helicopter that there was hardly any room for anything else. Wait, parachutes! We each grabbed one and jumped. While we were falling down towards the ground, I saw that the side of the helicopter had words on it. It said GAUSSY'S TRANSPORT AND COMPANY.

Since none of us had ever parachuted before, we ended up crash landing right outside of a mad scientist's lab. As we stepped through the doors, smoke engulfed us. We blindly pushed our way through the long hallway that ended in a set of tall, double doors. I pushed the door open and I heard chaotic laughter coming from the back of the room.