FØUR

2 MONTHS LATER

"Brooklyn," Lilly called, "I got you something!"

Lilly is my moms best friend, she's always trying to win me over, she thinks that just because I'm not a talkative, open person, I don't like her. Which isn't true, actually she's been coming over so often that she is starting to irritate me quite a bit.

"Lilly, you didn't have to get me anything." I smile, inviting her in.

"Oh don't be silly, dear! I saw it in the mall and I just knew you'd love it!" She says, handing me a black tee shirt with something on it.

I hold it up to see a ton of what looks like birds and down near the hem it says 'DØNT LET ME BE GØNE' and at the top of the shirt it says 'TWENTY ØNE PILØTS'.

My smile dropped to a frown, but then remembering Lilly was still here I smiled and thanked her. Once she left I felt almost numb. I didn't even realize I was crying until I walked past a mirror in my room, I wiped away my tears and logged into Twitter on my computer. I searched the bands name and then 'Josh Dun'. I scrolled through his tweets, I found myself hoping he had something that could be about me, I found nothing. I went to his favorited tweets and found nothing that interested me really, so I went back to the living room and sat down on the couch, I turn on the TV to try to get my mind off of Joshua Dun.

My phone beeps, I pick it up to see that I have a message from... Josh.

I open it, it says:
'Hey Brooklyn, it's Josh Dun. I'm in Seattle, near your house. Is it okay if I come over? Like right now?'

I reply:
'Yes. Are you okay?'

He doesn't answer, I try not to think of worse case scenarios.

I start to think about how I honestly barely know Josh, I know that he's twenty one years old and his full name is Joshua William Dun, but I feel like I know him well. I guess not, though.

The doorbell rings. I take a deal breath and open the door.

The sun is just over his shoulder, making it hard to see his face.

Before I can say anything, he engulfs me in a hug. I'm thinking he's just happy to see me, then I realize he's crying.

I close the door and pull away, "Josh, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know who to go to and," he's crying a ton, he stops and takes a deep breath then continues. "I haven't stopped thinking about you these past two months."

"Josh, come here," I say, pointing toward the couch. "Do you want something to drink or eat? We don't have much to eat right now, but my mum went and got a lot of stuff from the store, she won't be home for a couple hours though."

"Can I have water?" He asks, tapping his fingers nervously on his thighs.

I get him water then come sit next to him, "So what's going on?"

"I probably sound stupid, but I don't really know. I just cry a lot, and I feel like I'm like on auto pilot or something, ya know? Like I'm just going through the motions." He sighs.

I know exactly what he's talking about. My heart breaks for him because there's really nothing you can do, well maybe there is. I hope there is.

"Josh, where's Tyler?" I question.

"He's in Los Angeles." He says.

"And why are you here? I read you were on a break." I say.

He looks directly in my eyes, I stare back at his. He moves closer to me and cups my face in his hands.

"I'm going to kiss you, Seattle girl." He says, I nod. Josh's lips brush against mine, then he places them firmly. I move in closer and he places his hands on my back, pulling me into his chest and closing the gap between us. Josh lays down pulling me on top of him, our lips still locked.

I pull my lips away from his to catch a breath, I lay back down on his chest and he tries to braid my hair.

It was quiet except for Josh humming, and that's when the thinking happened. All at once.

What if I ended up dating Josh? Would it even work out? I need to go to college or find a job, a better one than I have at least. I guess I could move to L.A with him, it's so hot there, but it's pretty rad. Josh is kinda hot- wait, scratch that. Josh is really hot.

"I should probably go. Uh, thanks. That made me feel better." He smiles.

I laugh, "Are you sure? You can spend the night here, probably. My mum won't mind."

"I'll just get a hotel room, last minute. I think you can do that, right?" He asks.

My mom walks in, "Who's this?" she asks.

"Oh, Josh this is my mom, Aaliyah, mom this is my, uh, friend Josh." I say.

"Are you staying for dinner, love?" She asks.

"Thank you, I'd love to, but I can't. I have to go try to find a hotel for the night." He smiles.

My mom laughs, "You won't be able to find one tonight, why don't you stay here?"

"Yeah Josh, I think that'd be a great idea." I smirk.

"Okay," he laughs. "Thank you so much."

My mom shows Josh the guest bedroom and I go with him to grab his bag. We go into the guest room and I help him get his stuff kind of settled in, then we go eat dinner and, damn, my mom is absolutely in love with him, I swear. After dinner my mom goes to bed and Josh and I sit and watch a movie, and eat popcorn, and cuddle. I feel like he's radiating good vibes, like he is so happy, you can just tell. And that makes me super happy, too.

The movie ends and he tells me he's going to go outside and call Tyler to tell him where he is and stuff, but before he does he gives me a hug from the back and whispers "I love you." in my ear.

[hahahahaha what is life. :(: This is so fun to write, but like I'm torturing myself at the same time. Also my internet friend that I've known for almost a year now, she lives in California and guess where I am, and guess who I won't be meeting. *cries for 21 ;)))) years*
K bye ily
Vote & comment for a cookie]