Chapter Twenty-One

Aaron said that he wanted to go with me the leader and I let him. I knocked on the door of the big house. And a servant opened the door for us. He lead me and Aaron to the big living room where we sat when we first got here. I sat on the couch nervously and Aaron sat next to me. We waited for some time till he came.

"Hi." He greeted us smiling and shook our hands.

Why is he being so nice all of a sudden?

I came here thinking that I've done something wrong and he's smiling? Aaron looked surprised too by this sudden change of action.

"Uhm, can I know what's wrong?" I asked.

"There's nothing wrong. Actually everything is going quite well." He answered me grinning widely.

Is this man even sane?

"Okay I think we should go then." I excused myself getting up Aaron following me towards the door.

"Sure, but after we make a little test." He told me and I stopped looking at him giving my back to the entrance.

"What test?" As soon as I finished my question, a couple of a very strong arms caged me and a thick towel was covering my mouth and nose cutting my air supply. I struggled to break free from the man who was holding me.

I screamed for them to let me go saying 'I can't breath' but it only came out as a muffled sound. The tears were starting to warm my eyes from the incredible lack of oxygen. I heard Aaron's voice yelling.

"Leave her alone. Just... Tell me what you want."

"The golden glow." The leader answered.

"Okay, I have it write here. I can show it to you on the phone." He talked quickly. I was moving in all directions in order to escape from this towel.

...Silence...

Then I was let free. I collapsed to the ground trying to fill my lungs with all the oxygen I can but failed miserably.

This was so much for one day.

I was so afraid, that the fear didn't let me even breathe. The familiar puff of air, I was waiting for, hit me helping me steady my breath once again. I looked at Aaron as if to say thanks. He was sitting next to the leader. He was holding Aaron's phone in his hand.

I now remembered that the time he wanted to prove to me that I was glowing with golden writings he showed me the same video he shooted that day on the shore. I walked to sit back on the couch and the leader looked at me with a satisfied smile. I just wanted to bury him right where he was.

"What?" I shot him a glare making sure that the man at the entrance was gone first.

"We've finally found you. Wait a minute... you should be able to breathe on the ground unless..." He looked at Aaron.

"Is that your real eye color?" He asked bluntly. And Aaron looked like he didn't want to answer him.

"We're talking about me here, Is there a good reason for you for trying to kill me from five minutes?" I turned my attention back at me.

"Well, seems like you're the next Earth Shifter." He answered me happily.

"The, What?"