Chapter 7 Responsibility

What will we do if they are the same person?  Fidget's question echoed in Hunter's mind as she and Fidget walked down to the basement. Hunter and Fidget had just returned from their trip to the village, and after greeting their grandpa they rushed to the basement. "Whoa! Look at how dusty it is in here! " Fidget exclaimed when he opened the door. "I knew we would need these feather dusters." Hunter said as she surveyed the piles of dusty boxes "It looks like no one has been down here in years!" Hunter handed Fidget a feather duster "Here, we can clean while we look for the record of our family tree. You start on the right and I'll take the left." Fidget saluted playfully "Aye, aye captain!" He exclaimed before marching goofily to the right side of the room. As Hunter watched Fidget go she couldn't help but smile at his antics. Hunter turned to her side of the room "I wonder where I should start?" Hunter thought as she walked between the stacks of dusty boxes. Just then a bright blue box caught Hunter's eye. Curious, Hunter bent down to get a closer look. "That's weird." Hunter thought "This box isn't as dusty as the others." Carefully Hunter took off the lid of the box and looked inside. A small book was in the box "Fidget! Come here I found something!" Fidget carefully walked over to Hunter and peeked over her shoulder "What did you find?" Fidget asked "I think it's a diary." Hunter replied as she flipped through the books pages. "This looks promising..." Hunter murmured when she flipped to the last diary entry "It is just as I feared; the beast has found a way to search for the Destiny Bow without leaving his prison. I must prevent him from finding it; Hunter and Fidget are not yet ready to face their destiny. As much as it pains me I have to leave my children in the care of my father. It is too dangerous for them to stay with me. I just hope they will understand why I left and that I love them both dearly." When Hunter finished reading she said "We should go talk to Gramps." When Fidget didn't answer Hunter turned to look at him. Fidget looked at Hunter with a worried look on his face "Do you think she's alright?" Fidget asked, Hunter slowly stood up and looked at Fidget "I don't know Fidget. But Gramps might." Hunter marched up the basement stairs with Fidget close behind her "What are we going to do?" Fidget exclaimed worriedly "How are we going to out what happened to our parents and find the Destiny Bow before this beast guy does?" Hunter suddenly stopped at the top of the stairs causing Fidget to bump into her. "Why did you stop?" Fidget asked as he peeked over Hunter's shoulder "Oh, hi Gramps..." Fidget said hesitantly when he saw Ki "It seems like you two have found out the truth, you must have questions... follow me." Hunter and Fidget shared a questioning look before following Ki outside. Ki walked towards the training ground with an unreadable expression on his face "Sit." Ki said sternly when they were in front of the old oak tree "Well?" Hunter said once she and Fidget where comfortable "Do you know what happened to our parents?" Ki sighed and turned to face his grandkids "I can tell you what happened, but are sure you're ready to hear it?"