Chapter 3 The One at Risk

It was a beautiful day the sun shone and fluffy white clouds strolled across the sky. But Robin's deep blue eyes saw only gloomy sky's and gray rain filled clouds. Robin had been traveling all day and he was exhausted "I have to find that ancient treasure or...." Robin quickly shook his head, just thinking about it made him even more exhausted. The wind was blowing fiercely, causing the red tip of Robin's brown bangs to block his view. Robin sighed as he sat down on the grass to rest. Robin brushed off his plain blue long sleeve shirt and adjusted his dark blue sash-like belt. As he looked at the clouds he thought about what happened in the previous weeks. Robin's home had caught on fire from an unknown cause. Robin and his family worked hard to put out the fire but it was too late to save their home. A week later his parent's had gone to search for food but they never returned. Robin couldn't go to look for them, his little sister needed him. For a few years everything was great, Robin had found a place for himself and his sister to live in and a good source of food. But one day that all changed. One day while Robin picking apples his little sister had been kidnapped. Robin had found a note from his sisters kidnappers soon after her disappearance. The note read: if you ever what to see your little sister again you will find the Destiny bow and give it to us. You have one year to find the Destiny bow or you'll never see your sister again. The year Robin had been given was half over and almost everyone he met knew nothing about the Destiny bow. Those who knew about the ancient bow knew very little. Robin sighed sadly as he stood up, he had to keep going. Soon Robin came across a roaring waterfall that spilled into a huge river. Vines grew out of the rocks around the waterfall and violets grew at the rivers edges. Robin stopped and put his small gray sack down as he kneeled down in front of the river. Robin cupped his hands so he could bring the water to his parched mouth. After he had a drink Robin filled his small water bottle. As Robin filled his water bottle he paused to look at his reflection. Robin was a mess; his brown fur was sticking out in all directions and full of small twigs and mud. The red fur on the tip of Robin's bangs and the top of his right ear looked black instead. Robin's clothes looked no better, his shirt; belt, bandana, and headband were just as dirty as his fur. Robin quickly gave his fur and clothing a thorough wash then after he put his clothes on a branch to dry he opened his sack to see how much food he had. Robin's stomach growled as he took out one small loaf of bread and some jam. After eating his meal in a few ravenous gulps Robin put his clothes back on and took a map out of his sack. Robin looked at the map carefully planning the safest and quickest route to the nearest village. "I'll have to find food before I go into the village." Robin thought as he put his map away. After a while of searching Robin found an apple tree near the village. Robin put as many apples as he could in his sack before going into the village. As Robin entered the village everyone seemed to be staring at him as he walked past. Robin could hear the villagers whispering about him in their little groups but he walked on. The village was a fairly small one all the homes were made out of wood and seemed to have three rooms inside. All kinds of flowers decorated the wooden homes beautifully. Finally Robin found the house he was looking for. The house was old and beat up, loose wood boards hung awkwardly from the house making the house look worse. All the flowers were withered or dead and a plain sign hung over the door. The sign read: Dan's Treasures: Maps, Ancient Artifacts, and Weapons. Robin took a deep breath and knocked on the door "If this guy doesn't know anything I'll have to find that bow the hard way." Robin thought. The door creaked open as Robin stepped though the door. "Hello?" Robin called "Is anyone in here?" Robin's voice was met with silence. The inside of the house was just as bad as the outside, the shelves were cluttered with all sorts of maps, old artifacts, and weapons. The only furniture was a chair next to a small table and a huge wooden desk in the middle of the room with a filthy glass case on it. A thick layer of dust covered everything making the room seem ancient. Robin picked up a book on the desk and blew off the thick layer of dust covering it. After skimming though the pages he put it down and moved on to the glass case, Robin gingerly whipped the dirt and grime off the case. The clean spot on the case revealed that a ancient map was inside. Robin studied the map closely it was faded and torn but it was still readable. It seemed to be a map of the whole forest "This is just what I need." Robin thought "It just might be old enough to help me." Robin quickly rooted though his sack before letting out a sigh; he didn't have anything valuable to trade for the map. Robin thought for a moment "Maybe if I clean this place up Dan will consider giving me the map." Robin shrugged there was only one way to find out. Quickly Robin got to work cleaning, organizing, polishing, and dusting the small hut. By the time Robin was finished cleaning the day was half over. Robin looked around the newly organized and spotless hut one last time before collapsing in a chair totally exhausted. "Now all I have to do is wait for Dan." Robin thought as he took an apple out of his sack. As Robin settled down for a long wait for Dan he couldn't help but feel like something was special about the ancient map in the glass case. Could that map be the key to finding the Destiny bow?