Chapter 6 The Weekend

Mrs. Morgan POV

The students were working on math sheets while I was walking around the room watching their progress. "Ugh I can't do this."I heard Sophie say under her breath when I walked past her. I turned around seeing she was struggling on a math problem. "Trust me it isn't as hard as it looks."I said bending down by her desk staring at the problem. She turn her head face me and I smiled. "I guess you can see math isn't my best subject."she said a little embarrassed. She look up to see other kids working on it not having a problem. "Don't be embarrassed."I said reassuring her,"I had problems with math too until I got a tutor to help me." She looked down,"I can't....um get a tutor. I'll just study harder."she said. "I'll be happy to tutor you myself. I have extra time at the end of the class period." "You'll do that for me!"she said happily smiling. I smiled back,"Of course."

Sophie POV

"Are you coming Sophie?"Alicia and Emma asked right after I hug Charlotte goodbye for the weekend. "I'll catch up in a sec Mrs. Morgan is going to help me with something." I said. "Well, I hope its quick the bus will be here at any time now."said Emma. "Don't worry I have plenty of time." I said knowing our old bus driver was sick and we had a new one who was old and very slow. We laughed,"Okay see you outside." As soon as they left out the school doors, I walked back into Mrs. Morgan's classroom taking a seat right beside her pulling out my math work from my bags. "Are you ready?"she asked. "Ready as I ever be."I said causing her to laugh a little. We began on the first problem.

Casey POV

"Phil watch James while I go pick my sister up from the school." See my sister let our older brother borrow her car which was stupid because knowing Austin..I never trust him with any thing to be honest. "Okay babe I got him." I smiled as I grab my car keys leaving out the house and getting in my car driving to the schoolhouse.

Sophie POV

"Wow!! It all makes sense now I just been adding the wrong numbers to the equation." I said rewriting and solving the problem. "That's correct again." Mrs. Morgan said smiling. I hug her,"Thank you."I said softly. She hug back saying I'm very welcome. I didn't want to pull back from the hug and I could tell she didn't either. Her hugs were as confronting and cuddly as my mother....my mother. I tried my best not to cry, but it was hard. They fell and I quickly wipe them away and Mrs. Morgan pulled away staring at me worried,"What's wrong sweetie." I looked down and she lifted my head up wiping away the rest of my fallen tears which caused me to smiled at her. I spotted a woman a little younger than Mrs. Morgan who looked just like her smiling at the two of us. Mrs. Morgan followed my eyes and stood up,"Casey!"

Mrs. Morgan POV

"Hey sis."Casey said walking over hugging me and turning her attention to Sophie. "You are so pretty."she said causing her to smile giggling which immediately brought a smile to my face. Casey saw and laughed at me. I playfully roll my eyes smiling. "Are you ready to go?"she asked. I then remembered her telling me she'll pick me up after work I must've forgot. "Yeah. Hey Sophie do you need a ride?" Knowing it was 3:30 and her parents might be worrying. "No!"she said quickly causing me and Casey to look at her awkwardly. "I mean no."She said shyly laughing,"My bus haven't arrive yet so I can catch it."she said grabbing her things and before walking out the door she ran and hug me goodbye and raced out down the hallway.

Sophie POV

I ran out hoping the bus haven't left me and I saw the rest of the kids from the orphanage bored sitting down. I smiled happily when I saw the bus pull up. We ran and I took my seats right beside my friends, Emma and Alicia.

Casey POV

"I saw that."I said as we got into the car. "Saw what?"she asked putting on her seatbelt. "The way you smiled when she hug you bye."I said. She couldn't help, but smile again which cause me to laugh at her. "Oh shut up and drive." I laughed even harder starting the car and began driving.