♥07♥ From Senpai to Kouhai

In a competitive sport, there's always a winner and a loser. Kise and his team lost against Touou academy at the quarter-finals and they all looked so down, especially Kise himself. 

Rui watched the whole match with the audience and she cried too. She may not have been in the match but seeing her younger but taller twin cry can render her to cry too. She always heard about her brother wanting to beat Aomine, always striving to get the win that he could never get in the past. Today, she saw her twin actually able to shock Aomine with his copying skills but it still wasn't enough to beat him. 

She didn't go straight to the exit like everyone else, she went to meet up with the Kaijou members. Even though they have lost, she wanted to tell them that they have played a good game against Touou. When she saw their backs, she was about to call out to her brother. 

"Where is Kasamatsu-senpai?" Kise asked Moriyama. 

"He told us to go ahead." 

"I'll go and get him." When Kise turned around, he thought he saw a girl who looked like his older twin.

"No, leave him alone." 

"Huh...? Ah!" Kise realized Kasamatsu must be thinking he should shed his tears behind everyone's back. 

Kasamatsu was crying alone within the locker room of Kaijou. As a captain, he should show and set an example of a good leader in order for the others to willingly follow him. However, behind the good leadership, was still a competitive boy who wanted to win and bring victory home with him. Hitting the steel locker with his bare fists, he didn't care that he cried and looked out of character. 

The door opened in the darkness and Rui entered the locker room. She flicked the lights on for him.

"Rui, go away." Kasamatsu doesn't have time to deal with her nonsense right now because he's got his tears to deal with. "Go awa-" He looked back at her to see that she was crying too. He blinked a few times in confusion; why was she crying? She's not the one who lost... 

"Sorry, I saw my twin cry before so I...ugh..." It was embarrassing but she was crying when she doesn't have the rights to. 

Kasamatsu stood up from the spot and he walked over to Rui to pat her on the head to comfort her.

"Seeing you cry makes me doesn't want to cry anymore..." 

"Wahhh! Senpai~!" She cried against the cotton of his Kaijou shirt.

Kasamatsu rolled his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, thinking about the game from a while ago. It's a loss that he has to accept. 

'I did play my best. Kise and the others too. It is a loss where we all gave our all...' He then looked at Rui, "Are you done yet? You are a cry baby..." 

"But Senpai was crying too..." 

"I had something in my eyes." 

"You liar~!" 

"Yes, yes, I am a liar so are you going to stop crying?" 

"I want Senpai to hold me tight." She may be sad but that doesn't mean she's not selfish.

"You're pushing my patience here, you little brat." 

"I'll cry harder." 

"Fine, come here." Kasamatsu would usually hit her and tell her to stop messing about but he did the opposite. 

"Ack! Senpai, my insides! You are going to crush me!" 

"You never told me you were going to give me a death hug!" 

"When did I say I will give you a normal hug?" Kasamatsu was evil! She struggled against him and he hugged her a little tighter again. 

"Wahh! Senpai~!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kasamatsu was being treated at a small cafe for some cakes. Rui suggested he should eat something sweet since sweet things usually made her happy. 

He didn't feel like arguing with her so he went with her as long as she's the one to pay. Rui didn't mind paying for him since she said it's her treat. 

"Plus, it's an excuse for me to hang out with you again~!" Rui smiled innocently at him when their cakes and coffee came. "It can be a date next time!" 

"You..." Kasamatsu knew there would have been a price behind her treating him. He didn't mind it though, she may not look like it but she's a lot mellow than the first time he has met her. 

"Are you okay, Senpai?" 

"What's this? You know how to worry about others?" 

"Of course I do. Eh?! You have been thinking bad of me all this time?! So mean..." 

"Okay, okay, you are a lot better than before I guess." 

"Really?" 

"You don't trust your Senpai?" 

"I trust you!" He smiled a little at how honest she was. Unlike Kise, Rui know how to make him smile again when he's at his worst. 

He glanced at her when he's drinking his coffee to see that she was happily eating her strawberry shortcake. He can bet she's this happy because- 

"Eating with Senpai makes everything taste better~." 

"You're like Kise and Moriyama put together." Kasamatsu rolled his eyes at her simple happiness of eating a cake, "You're a little disgusting." 

"Eh?! Disgusting?!" He instantly put a dark cloud over her head as she hung her head in shame, "I am disgusting... How could you be so cruel? Do my tears give you life?" 

"I was joking." 

"Your jokes are not funny, Senpai..." 

"When you get home, keep an eye on your brother." 

Rui stopped hanging her head in shame and nodded her head at her Senpai's request. 

"I'll leave it to you then. Tell him to come to practice like usual and he better be in a better mood. We are preparing for the Winter Cup." 

"That's quick." 

"And..."

"And?" 

"If you don't have to do anything for Summer, you are free to watch us practice." 

Rui looked at Kasamatsu with wide eyes before she leaned over the table and touch his forehead, "Are you ill, Kasamatsu-senpai?!" 

"'i'll', my ass!" Kasamatsu gave her a karate chop to the head, "I am telling you this because I need someone to help Kise with his summer homework! Right after practice, I will be in charge of watching him do it!" 

"Eh? I need to be there too?" 

"You will have the same homework! I will watch you two finish it bit by bit." 

"Senpai, why don't you just say you wanted to see me? Don't use my homework as an excuse." 

Kasamatsu was confused now; why would he use her homework as an excuse to see her too? He just wanted to kill two birds with one stone; he will be keeping an eye on Kise's homework progress so he might as well keep an eye on Rui's homework too. He's just being  good senpai. 

'She looks so happy right now, I think I'll let her imagination run free for now...' He thought as Rui went on about how Kasamatsu used an indirect method to see her...