zero | intro

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I cannot reiterate enough how difficult this will be for me to write. This is everything hard, difficult, and suppressed to me, how a few words, a few actions, a few touches, and a few looks can change everything. And despite all that, it will never ever be enough to heal even just a moment and sliver of pain.

DEDICATION

But for you, you who hopes on and journeys on, this is for you. It is for you because you have the pure, untainted heart to believe that it could still happen. That someday, the path you have forged will lead right to the right one. Maybe you could learn a little something more than just holding on.

Maybe you could learn to let go.

EPIGRAPH

I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it, when I sorrow most;

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.

- Alfred Lord Tennyson

SYNOPSIS

CALLIE SUTTON IS on a journey that would end badly. As if unrequited love wasn't bad enough, she stands in the background waiting and hoping that he would see her differently. But Jax Carrington knows that he himself could never see Callie the same way he saw her. That was the problem, Callie could never remind him of her no matter what she did. But love comes and goes in many ways, and sometimes, it will never be truly alike.

That was why no matter how much Callie Sutton tries, she will never be the girl who broke his heart. But that doesn't mean she wouldn't try.