one | always be yours

[ dedicated to Aurelia, I'm such a fan of your works, what you portray is honestly beautiful, never stop writing <3 ]

song above is 'Let It All Go' by Birdy. Do listen to it, it's amazing.

❆❆❆

BEFORE ALL THE complicated things happened in our lives, I could clearly remember like it was yesterday, how my brother had told me to guard my heart. Guard it well, he had said, don't fall for someone who won't catch you. Don't hand your heart to someone whose hands could not bear to carry it.

It was one of those nights when I was but a mere kid. He had gotten drunk after his most recent heartbreak and I'd been covering for him, as always.

Looking back now, maybe it was genetics that brought us Sutton siblings the misfortune that was love. Granted, Spence was a huge player, but he was the type of player that had gotten invested in his emotions.

I had deduced early on that those were the worst kinds of players.

Those who treat you specially and center all their affections towards you for a period of time. Those whose affections change so quickly. Those who you can't help but love for seeing something in you once upon a time.

But I didn't know. How could I have known that I'd be falling for one?

❆❆❆

It was always awkward to sit at a diner alone, especially when it's three in the morning.

And as much as I try to stay away from these sorts of awkward situations that I always seem to get myself into, there seem to be a force that just wills it to happen.

Maybe it was merely my inability to say 'no' to everyone, really. As much as I try to put everyone in monotonic shades of indifference, my resolve eventually crumbles and I succumb to whatever it is they ask of me.

However, it could also be the sheer fact that Jax Carrington never seem to be punctual for anything.

So I sat there for what roughly felt like an hour but was just fifteen minutes in reality, hunched over my cup of tea while searching endlessly for a non-existent game on my phone.

I could say that the diner was totally deserted but the occasional chime of the bell by the door proved me wrong. However those people, they were all just passersby getting midnight snacks to go.

But when the door opened for the seventh time and in came a rugged and disheveled looking guy, I knew I had my work cut out for me.

"Jax." I called out, my voice resonating throughout the entire diner. The girl behind the counter simultaneously glanced up from her newspaper to look at me.

His downcast brown eyes darted up to the sound of my voice and he trudged towards the direction of my booth. After he got himself settled in, he finally spoke, as if we were just meeting on a daily occasion and not at three A.M. under the usual heartbreaking circumstances. "Hey, Callie."

Ignoring his greeting, I muttered silently, "I'm sorry, Jax."

He smiled bitterly at me, the normal gleam in his eyes long gone during times like this, "Not much different from the rest, huh?"

I frowned. The girl this time was Adeline Bristol. At the beginning of the term, she was absolutely indifferent towards anything that concerned Jax. Being one of the few girls that didn't associate themselves with Jax, everyone was surprised when they came in hand in hand one day.