Basketball is Better (Kisumi x Reader)

Okay, I'm sorry because I know you all want that Makoto x reader part 2, but I really want to get all of the main(ish) male characters done with one story each first, and then I will repeat characters in whatever order. I know that Nitori has two already, but that is an exception because I felt bad for writing a Christmas angst about him. After this oneshot, and one more, I promise that I will write and publish the second Makoto part! Enjoy the story, Reader-chan!!!

It had been about a month since your parents died. It happened in a car accident. They didn't drink often, and when they did, they were very responsible. Your responsible parents were killed in a car accident from getting hit by a drunk driver, how cliché.

Anyways, it turned out pretty good for you in the end. Your aunt and uncle decided to take you in. You loved them, and were happy that they accepted you into their home, but you also felt a little guilty. They had three children, one was a third year in high school, and the other two just young twins, probably still in elementary school, that they needed to care for. Nonetheless, they thought that they would also be capable of caring for you.

Makoto, the eldest, was a third year in high school now. You were also in high school, but only a second year. Once you moved in with the Tachibana family, you also transferred to Iwatobi High School. At first, you were a little shy and independent, for you were still getting over your parents deaths but, eventually, you opened up to Makoto and his friends.

Haru was a third year like Makoto, and although he was very quiet and distant, you enjoyed his company. His two other friends, Nagisa and Rei, were second years like you. You thought that Rei was kindhearted and very intelligent. In fact, you kind of saw him as your senpai, because he often helped you when you struggled in a subject. Meanwhile, Nagisa was just a little bundle of joy. He was always there to cheer you up when you were feeling down or panicking. Makoto, despite being your cousin, acted more like an older brother, he always had in the past too. You and your new found friends always thought that it was funny that the gentle giant could turn into a giant monster if any guy, even your friends, looked at you in a way he didn't like.

One time, you asked them how they all met. You found out that they were all on a swim team together, minus Rei, when they were younger, and have been friends ever since. In this past month, you have felt more close to these boys than anyone else in your entire life. In addition to finding out about their past, you began to think that someone like Rei was your ideal type. But you never made a move on him, because you didn't see him that way, and you were pretty sure that he and Nagisa liked each other. So, instead, you and Nagisa always fangirled over Rei and you teased him in your free time. You shipped them, calling the ship Reigisa. You were also pretty sure that Makoto and Haru liked each other, but when you were first introduced to Rin, you deduced (a/n: Conan? Is that you?) that it was actually a love triangle between the three and named their ship MakoHaruRin. Every time you teased him about it, Makoto would turn beat red and stutter reasons why that would never happen, but you could tell that he was lying. After all, he was a terrible lair.

Fairly recently, Makoto had offered to work for his old swim instructor, Coach Sasabe, at his swim club because he was short on hands. You loved swimming and thought that it was amazing, so one day you asked Makoto if you could go watch him, Ren, and Ran swim there. Of course, you had gone to the club's swim meets before, but you though it would be adorable to see all of the little children swimming. Not to mention that Ren and Ran were practically begging you to come and see how great at swimming they were. Those two had really grown attached to you since you moved in with them. Makoto reluctantly agreed, with some persuasion from you, and the help of Ren and Ran. Luckily, Sasabe was a nice guy and you figured he wouldn't mind letting you watch your family working hard. The four of you walked to the club, because neither you nor Makoto could drive, but you didn't mind, because the Tachibana siblings kept you company the entire walk.