22: Feral

Ahhhh! UPDATED ON A WEEK DAY!!!!

:D

I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE 23 DAYS LEFT OF SCHOOL!!!!

(not including weekends and 4 exam days)

SO EXCITED FOR SUMMER!!!

Nice weather we're having huh? (In Illinois, at least.)

;D

Anyways, enough of my rambling.....

READ ON!!!!

~{Katy}~

Ps....NOT EDITED

PSS....SORRY FOR THIS SHORT CHAPTER

***************************

Chapter 22

(Alexandria POV)

I felt it.

I felt the last breath leave his chest.

I felt the last beat his heart made.

I felt the other half of my would leaving this world, and moving onto the next.

"ADRIAN." I shouted, desperately, "DON'T LEAVE ME! NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS WORTH LIVING FOR IF YOU'RE NOT HERE, WITH ME!"

I started pounding on his chest, trying to get his heart to beat again.

A wave of endless tears streamed down my face, my eyes became watery and it became hard to see. I could see shapeless figures moving, trying to talk to me. But, I couldn't hear anything except white noise, and what sounded like a phantom heart beat; Adrian's.

It sounded faint and far away, but it got stronger as I pounded, and screamed and cried. But, I could feel hands, trying to pull me away, away from Adrian. My fangs pierced through my gums and my claws broke through the skin of my hands.

*PROTECT MATE. PROTECT PUPS.* repeated my wolf, over and over.

She took over my body completely, shoving me in what looked like a mental cage.

I couldn't see, hear and feel everything she did, but, I couldn't control anything she did. I pounded against the bars of the cage, but the wound tighter and tighter, dulling my senses and the feel of reality.

*STOP! LET ME GO!* I cried, as I started clawing at the bars, not noticing my finger nails shredding and wrapping of my fingers. I ignored the blood and raw skin. Everything felt dull and lifeless; pointless and hopeless.

I gave up and slumped against the bars, resting my head and sobbing hysterically.

*WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!* I sobbed, *I HAVE THE WORST FATE AND LUCK IN THE WORLD. EVERYTHING BAD HAPPENS TO ME!*

Finally, I succumbed to the darkness, letting my wolf take full control.

Maybe it was better this way; my wolf was stronger than I was.

There was not point in living in this world, if Adrian wasn't in it.

__________________________________________________

(Allison's POV)

it broke my heart to see my sister this way. My strong, older sister.

She was crying, and shaking and screaming her lungs out.

Her face was drowned in tears and her bottom lip trembled. Her words will forever haunt my dreams.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!"

"NOTHING IS WORTH LIVING FOR."

I shuddered, glad that my mate, James, was holding me in his arms.

I buried my head in his chest, and sobbed.

We had the worst lives possible.

Our pack died.

We were kidnapped; almost killed.

Alexa was kidnapped and tortured.

And now, we might lose Alexa because her mate is dead.

But, we did have a lot of good things.

We all met our mates.

We found each other again.

Mom and Alexa are pregnant.

But, how many good things, does it take to block out one bad thing.

How long will it take her, to crack?

_________________________________________________

[Matthews POV (Alexa's Dad)]

I cried with my princess as her mate died.

Her sorrow was my sorrow.

It was heartbreaking to know that we would lose her, in a matter of hours.

First, comes the lose of control.

Next, the inability to functions because the wolf leaves.

Lastly, is death.

The whole process only takes a few hours, the longest a day.

I grabbed her shoulders, trying to pull her back from Adrian. Trying to stop the screaming and crying. My wolf couldn't handle seeing his pup like that. Her outrageous fast heart beat was scaring me; he was afraid for her, and our grandchildren.

But, she snapped.

Her claws shredded her skin and her canines pierced he lips. Fur began growing all over her body.

She became unrecognized.

Hr eyes turned from their beautiful hazel, to a maddening red.

The rogue color.

The feral color.

I winced at her ear-deafening howl as I pushed my mate, Charlotte, behind me. Her sobs for our daughter broke my heart.

But I knew there was nothing we could do for her.

There was nothing we could do to save her.

Nothing would work, if her mate, Adrian, wasn't in this world.

But, I might know a way to bring him back.

And, it comes with a heavy price.

One I am willing to pay for the happiness of my family.

I already lost them once; I'm not losing them again.