Explanations For All

I'm back! Finally! So sorry. But I hope this explains some things.

xxxxx

"Hello Stanley," Adeline smiled at him. "Long time, no see. I half expected you to be dead by now,"

"What are you doing here? Stanford isn't here," He grimaced.

"I know. Who do you think sent me?" My eyes widened as she said this. I glanced over at Mabel, who had a confused smile on her face.

"Wait, you didn't tell me you were sent here!" I said. She glanced my way before turning back to Grunkle Stan.

"So, uncle, where's that worker bee you had hanging around last time I was here?" She asked, tracing her fingers over a shelf.

"He and his wife moved out of town," Stan spat, his jaw tight.

"Aww, what a shame. I always liked him. What was his name again? Sam?"

"Soos," Stan corrected.

"Mm, right. Soos,"

"So what exactly are you here for?" Adeline giggled before replying.

"To help out your little nephew of course!" She slung her arm around my shoulder and stuck out her tongue. Stan's eyes darted to me.

"What did you do this time?!" He asked.

"I honestly have no idea," I replied, holding up my hands.

"Yeah, you never do," Mabel cleared her throat, reminding us of her presence.

"I love awkward conversations just as much as the next glitter addict, but could someone explain what's going on here?!" Adeline smiled at her, and repeated what she had said to me earlier.

"But...shouldn't you be old?" Mabel questioned, as I tried to stifle a laugh. Adeline shot me a glance and punched my shoulder, which surprisingly hurt.

"Different deminsions, different times when I jump. It's very confusing." She stated. Mabel nodded, her eyebrows furrowed as she comprehended everything.

"So...how long are you staying this time?" Stan said it as if this happened monthly.

"I don't know. However long it takes I guess," Adeline shrugged. "My dad didn't really give me proper instructions so..." She trailed off as she walked away, moving towards the door to the house. Stan shook his head but didn't say anything. He just walked away, as Mabel and I followed after our...aunt?

xxxxx

"Hey mr. Pines, you here?" I heard Wendy shout from the door. She had just arrived for her shift. I didn't leave the living room though, I was too busy watching Adeline. Making sure she didn't do anything...weird.

"What is this pile of junk on the ground?!" Wendy shouted again. That comment made me smile. "More importantly, why is this pile of junk on the ground?!" Still no one answered. There was silence for a little while before she said something again.

"WERE YOU GUYS JUST TOO LAZY TO PICK THIS UP?!" Mabel giggled from her spot on the floor.

"I get payed way too little for this," we heard her grumble.

xxxxx

"Adeline," I said, looking down at the girl playing with my Game Boy on the floor. She looked up at me, pausing the game. "You said I was in trouble, but you didn't say what exactly it was," She nodded. "What is after me? And more importantly, what do I have to do?!"

She sighed, turning off the device.

"I guess I had to get to it at some point," the girl sat up. "Alright, buckle up cause this is some rough shit!"

xxxxx

Hey guys, this was shorter than expected, but I needed to end somwhere. Anyways, check out some of my new work, I always love comments, and ideas...and follows but I think that's a given.