So...What Is This?

I'm ba~ack! So, I decided that in the spirit of halloween (even though it has passed I didn't get to write for it), that this was gonna get a little creepy! Enjoy!

xxxxx

"So...where to start..." Adeline tapped her chin as she got into a comfortable position. Dipper sat in his Grunkle Stan's recliner, leaning forward in the seat intently. Mabel had also joined the group, and was sitting criss-cross on the floor next to the chair.

"Alright, so Stan, my father Stan, never really intended on anyone finding that page." She stated bluntly. "You, however, went ahead and found it anyway," Dipper nodded, adjusting a little.

"I guess you could call that page a calling card to the creature on it," she laughed nervously. "My father spent years trying to get away from it. He never told me how he succeeded though." She looked off for a second, a look of deep thought forming on her face.

"The creature, Dipper," she turned to him suddenly. "It feeds off of you. It will make you weak before killing you." The boy tried to swallow the lump in his throat. "That is...unless we can stop it."

"H-How do we do that?" Dipper asked nervously.

"Well I don't know. I told you that Stanford never told me. And I sure as hell am not going to read that page," Adeline leaned closer before continuing. "You have to do this. Go get the book," Dipper nodded, standing up and looking back at the girl. "Hurry!"

The teen ran up the stairs. The sound of squeaking boards echoing all the way down in the hallway. He ran over to his bed and quickly dove under, grabbing the journal from underneath. His fingers grazed the familiar cover and instantly grabbed a hold of it. In a swift turn, Dipper was out the door and stumbling back down the stairs. He dropped into the seat with a huff,the book laying in the teen's lap.

"A-Are you sweating? Okay then...wow," Adeline stated, raising her eyebrows and adjusting in her seat.

"Dipper gets winded easily. It's why he doesn't play sports," Mabel says simply, looking to her twin.

"Wha-I do not!"Dipper tried, unconvincingly. Adeline shook her head before pointing at the book.

"Okay. What does it say Dip," The young sleuth pulled out the slip and slowly skimmed the page again.

"Um...it really doesn't say that much," he becomes quiet. The two girls lean on closer, straining to hear as he mumbles the words on the page. "Feeds off of negative energy... weakness... lethargy... complete change in attitude..." He goes silent, his eyes trained on a particular part. "Death," he says, just above a whisper.

"So it doesn't say it will train on you though?" Mabel speaks up, her voice weak. Her twin looks at the girl, confused.

"Uh-no. That-that's not written error. Why do you ask?"

"Because that could mean that it could go to anyone. Dipper, this is so serious. We haven't dealt with anything like this before!" Mabel has tears in her eyes now as she pulls her knees tight against her chest. Dipper moves over to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"I know," he says quietly. Adeline said there, watching their interaction.

"Well then...we'll just have to keep a close eye out and see what happens. There's no real way to tell who it is."
Dipper and Mabel sat there for a little longer before Mabel retired to their room. Dipper stood and entered the shack where Wendy sitting behind the counter.

"Okay then! I guess I'll just hang out here...by myself." Adeline picked up the Game Boy and continued her game, grumbling to herself in annoyance.

xxxxx

Thats it for now. So sorry for the lack of updates.