Part 11

"Okay, have the paranthas first, I need to go," she muttered.

"You were on leave right?" he asked, munching the paranthas.

"Mom wants me to go to the party with her," she smirked.

"Hmm... parties and all... wow!" he teased.

"First outing with mom Rihaan. I want to be the best. Select me a good dress," she asked, placing her hands on his shoulders lovingly.

"You look the best in everything," he muttered.

"That's really sweet but, please..." she asked, narrowing her eyes, looking her cutest.

"Hmm... this black sari with the golden sleeveless blouse," he chose one after, a 5-minute search.

"Okay... thank you, hubby," she smiled.

"Just a thank you?" he asked in a naughty tone.

She placed a peck on his lips and rushed into the loo in a blink of an eye. While Rihaan stood smiling, his legs rooted for a minute or so, registering the flashy peck.

Later Rihaan left for his work and Radhika accompanied her mom to the party.

Everyone liked the sweet-natured Radhika and even Rajitha enjoyed the company of her well behaved and easily mingled daughter-in-law. Later they went shopping and had their lunch together.

After reaching home, Radhika gave the ring that she bought for her.

"How do you like it mom?" she asked in an enthusiastic tone.

"It's so old style honey. Don't get me wrong," she hushed.

"Oh, that's okay mom. Rihaan chose it and I loved it too... We will buy another of your choice," she muttered convincingly.

"I want you to know something Radhika," Rajita said, taking a deep breath.

"Yes, mom..." she said, sitting beside her.

"Radhika, Rihaan never believed in love and I'm sure he can never understand your feelings," she said, holding her hand.

"No mom... Rihaan is one of a kind. He is very understanding and highly supportive," she said with a smile.

"No Radhika, it's not love. He never shares his miseries with anyone. He acts ignorant and stone hearted," she said again.

"It's not like that mom. He is not expressive in nature. He do loves and cares but, doesn't know the way to express them," she answered.

"Radhika, listen to me please try and understand. I'm not saying that he is a bad guy, after all, he is my son and I know him better," she said.

"Hmm..." she nodded silently.

"You are newly married and I'm sorry to say but, it's the bitter truth that your bond is based on the foundation of lust," she broke the ice.

"What?" she bewildered.

"Yes, sweety... Rihaan found you attractive and that's the only reason probably to act nice to you. My son is way away from emotions and he is a business man who finds everything as a deal and puts his time only if he finds it profitable," she said bluntly.

Radhika's eyes filled with tears cause of her words.

"He truly loves me," she muttered looking nowhere.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, honey but, I don't want you to live in dreams. Don't neglect your career. I want you to be self-sufficient. You people can live happily together till you have your own independent livelihood and Rihaan respects your independence," she spoke.

Radhika was out of words and just nodded and went back to her room with teary eyes.

Her thoughts were running through the incidents when Rihaan hid about his injuries and his mysterious missing and unanswered phone calls. She felt that Rihaan never shared his misery with her and all the words of Rihaan's mom started making sense.

She called Rihaan and asked him to come home soon and she also said that she was not feeling well but, Rihaan didn't turn up home, which made her feel that she was being ignored and also felt like deserted in her Wedding life. She called him many times but, all went in vain.

She slept hugging her pillow, eyes full of tears. It's around 8:40 in the night, she got a text from Rihaan, saying to get ready and he wants to take her out.

After an hour, Rihaan came home...

"I was waiting for you Rihaan," Radhika hushed seeing him.

"I'm sorry for being late," he smiled.

"Mom and dad went for Lata's wedding," she said, adjusting her Sari frills.

"Hmm..." he hummed.

"I want to take you out," he muttered.

"Hmm... I'll come but, Mom and Dad will return home so, we need to return before 12," she muttered.

"Okay. Come let's move now," he said, holding her hand.

"Don't you wanna know where I'm taking you to ?" he asked, accelerating the car.

"Hmm... yeah, where are we going?" she asked blankly.

"I'm taking you to the dinner," he hushed.

She remained silent. There is no enthusiasm in her face. It was all pale and blank. All her thoughts were stuck at her mother-in-law's words.

"Radhika... ?" he nudged her.

"Han..." she responded.

"Is everything alright?" he enquired.

"Han... Han," she nodded.

The ride went silent and the dinner too. They reached home and Rihaan's parents informed them that they will not return that night.

She was laying on the bed and Rihaan rested beside her. He gently took her hand and kissed it. There was no response from her, not even a smile. He leaned closer and placed his lips on hers and was surprised when she was all cold and not even smiled or blushed in response. He deepened the kiss and a tear drop started rolling down her cheek.

"What's bothering you wifey?" he managed to ask in his lowest pitch, wiping her tear. There was no answer from her.

"I'm sorry Rihaan. I need to respond and you should find the pleasure-loving me right, I'll smile," she said trying hard to suppress her tears.

"How can you even think that I lusted you? All I want is your heart not your body," he muttered, with a puzzled expression.

"Our bond was a commitment," she muttered blankly.

"I'm here to share everything Radhika and I expect the same from you. I want you to tell me," he hushed with concerned eyes.