Mericcup- Wildfire

Drabble 1
Hiccup POV
We were always friends... Just friends.... Since we were six, we played in the mud laughing. But now she has changed, she became more grown up, we still hanged out of course, but it just wasn't the same. There were occasional smiles but that was it. She became more moodier as the feminine side of her grew. More of her attention was on how she looked now. She was no longer fun, but someone who acts like a complete brat and is awkward whenever she is around me. In my first years in college she avoided me and we grew appart. I missed my wildfire, I missed my red-head I missed my Merida.

A couple of years later....

"Can I have a small hot chocolate, with extra whipped cream and take away?" I was on my way back home from my part time job as a mechanic. It paid a fair amount of money, so I could rent a small,cosy apartment and buy the bare necessities of life. I ordered my drink whilst the lady, who was taking my order, bent down from the counter to grab things to restock the sugar packets. When she stood up, I was gobsmacked, I felt my jaw hit the ground with a loud thud.
Same eyes and same hair.
"M-Merida?" She looked at me with wide eyes, her cheeks reddening.
-----------------------------------------
Merida POV

Why now? I can't look at him! Seriously why did he have to come at my shift time? I felt my cheeks heat up! No, this can't be happening especially when I'm working! I need an excuse to get away from him... Oh no... It's happening again....
-----------------------------------------
Hiccup POV

"Uuuurrrrr....." She looked around until she found someone else in the counter, "errrrr Erin can you take this order please?" Why was she still avoiding me? I just wanted some hot chocolate and she doesn't want to see me!
"Why can't you do it?" Erin asked, "I'm busy!" Her hand gestured to the line of people.
"Right!" She mumbled under breath,
"Can I have my break now?" She didn't wait for an answer, "thanks Erin bye!" Merida went though the back door to take her break.
"That girl! Seriously, can't see we're in rush hour?" Erin muttered, tutting and shaking her head. Why didn't Merida want to see me? Why couldn't she take my simple order of hot chocolate? I couldn't stand it anymore! I needed to talk to her. I stepped out of the quaint cafe and saw a pathway leading to the back of the building. I heard soft crying coming from the back. What I saw was shocking. The redhead held her knees rocking herself. She was red around the ears and cheeks and she was crying. It was hard seeing Merida like this, even though we weren't even close to friends anymore, I still knew that Merida never wants to be seen crying. I had to talk to her. I approached her and sat down next to her. I began rubbing her back. For a second or two she didn't really notice but then she flinched. She looked up to me and I saw her once beautiful blue eyes, were now red and puffy, her lips were quavering, and her face was wet. I hated seeing her like this, it was awful.
"It's ok now."I assured her, and wiped a tear off her face. She gave a small smile for a mere second then continued crying. "Merida? Why are you crying?"
"It's nothing you need to know of!" She shouted her voice a bit raspy from her crying.
"Mer..."
"DONT CALL ME THAT!" She growled.
"I'm sorry... Merida if you tell me I could help!"
"You can't help!"
"Why can't I?"
"Cause your the reason I'm crying!"
I let that sink in. How could I, the the reason she is crying? I've only been near her for a few minutes and I made her cry?
"How?"
" Oh Hiccup! Don't act so innocent! Bet you got a whole line of girls waitin on you..."
"What no! What are you talking about"
" Hiccup! Don't be so dim! Well look at ya! Your gorgeous!"
Come to think of it, there were many girls who giggled as I walked passed them in college but I thought they were laughing at how nerdy I am and stuff.
"You think I'm gorgeous?"
She slowly nodded. Merida was amazing in many different ways, well before she became such a girl. She was beautiful, outgoing, interactive, to admit I did have a crush on her. But it had never come to mind that she thought I was gorgeous.
"Then why were you ignoring me?"
"At first, I wanted to impress you, so I started dressing more girly, and since I got these bozoomers, more sexier I guess." She smiled, and I returned it, "stupid I know!" Merida laughed weakly. "I didn't work so I just thought it was a little crush. Near college, I always felt butterflies around you. I didn't like that feeling do I started avoiding you, but it only left me feeling worse! And every time I see you I feel like crying because I knew that I was hopeless."
------------------------------------------
Merida POV

I felt so weak, I was blabbering all my feelings to him! I dug my face into his shoulder, crying some more. I felt his hand stroke my hair gingerly. He shook me off for a bit and lifted my chin up, with his two fingers, so we were at eye level.
"Merida would you, consider making a lifetime promise?"
"Hiccup! No I don't wanna marry you!"
He heartily chuckled, "No! Another promise! Jeez I'm not that committed at this age Merida! I'm only twenty-three!"
"Fine..."
"Will you promise to be you and only you? To be my Merida?"
"What do you mean?"
He lifted my chin up...
------------------------------------------
Hiccup POV
I saw her eyes glistening with her tears, the fact that she thought change would attract me to her. But the real reason that I had a crush on her was her wildfire persona. It made her unique. It made her beautiful. I tilted her chin a a little higher for our lips were only inches away. I couldn't wait to taste her lips, something I've wanted to do a long time ago...
----------------------------------------
Merida POV

His lips crashed on to mine. I loved the way that his lips were warm and soft. There were the butterflies again but I ignored them as the thing that made me experience sheer bliss was happening at that moment. His hands wondered down my waist and rested on a small spot on my back. In response I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. At some point, I eagerly started biting his lower lip, feeling him smiling, whilst we were kissing. After a while I needed to breathe. I looked up at him and he was smiling like a goofball. I couldn't help to feel that I looked like a complete dork to him too. He placed a small strand of hair behind me eat and I blushed.
" I promise I will be me." I whispered, and with that he smiled and we started kissing again.
I lost track of time and I hear a voice,
"I never knew break time would be so cosy for you Merida." Erin smirked, " You do realise that your break has finished an hour ago?"
So I've been out here for an hour?- wow. Erin smiled, and muttered something about, "lovebirds"
I grinned at Hiccup, my fingers laced with his, " Thank You for helping me find me again" I kissed his cheek... "You surprised me, and made my world right again..." I unlaced our fingers and went back to my job, smiling until my jaw started to hurt....
My heart skipped a beat, when I heard someone out the door say... "I love you..."
----------------------------------------
Hiccup POV

I looked at the door as she left,
I was happy to get my Merida back. And I wasn't going to let her get away, she was mine, and I wasn't going to let anybody change her. When I was sure she was out of ear shot, I said as quietly as I could, " I love you..." To put it out in the open, to make it official. She was my wildfire and my wildfire only.

A/N did you enjoy? Any suggestions for drabbles?? Any ships you think I should do?