Imagine #2 - A Romantic Evening

You were scrolling through Facebook on your phone, lying in bed in a large hoody and shorts. Sighing, you toss your phone away from you. It was Friday night and you were supposed to be on a date with your boyfriend, Zac Efron, but he'd called and cancelled at the last minute. He was working late but promised to make it up to you tomorrow. You know he can't help it but you couldn't help but be disappointed. With nothing better to do you begin to drift off to sleep.

"(y/n)!"

The sound of your name stirred you from your nap. Sitting up, you noticed it was half 10 and your TV was still playing whatever you had left it on. Someone must've said your name on there or something.

"(Y/N)"

The voice came again, louder this time, and you realised it wasn't coming from the TV but from beneath your window. Peering out the window from behind the curtain you see Zac holding what looked like a pizza box and a bunch of flowers. You open the window.

"What are you doing?!" you call down to him. He laughs.

"Let me in and I'll tell you!" he retorts.

"Why didn't use the key I gave you?" you shoot back, shaking your head and laughing at him.

"Because, my love, that would've ruined the surprise! Anyway calling you from down here is like Romeo and Juliet kinda!" You laugh at him again and close the window.

As you open the door he bursts in, running passed you, shouting 'stay there' over his shoulder. You shut the door and wait patiently.

After about 15 minutes he emerges from the living room, pulling you into a hug and softly kissing you on the lips. Suddenly realising how much you missed him, you cling on tight to his torso. Gently unhooking your arms his pulls you into the living room.

"Oh my God!" you exclaim. "Zac, this is beautiful." He'd moved all the furniture to the outside of the room and had built a blanket fort with the dining chairs. Surrounded by pillows in the middle of the fort was a bottle of wine and a pizza, that spelled out 'I love you' in little bacon bits. Outside the pillows were four electric candles.

"I wanted to make it up to you that I had to cancel our date earlier. I'm sorry. Do you like it?" he said. You responded by jumping on him and showering him with kisses.

"I love it! And I love you," you beam. "Come on, let's eat."

Read more of my work: https://www.wattpad.com/user/thefemaleauthor1

Support me: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/theauthoronline