3.Play Ball

The next morning I woke up to the same thing of yesterday, shrieking, shouting, yelling and endless bickering. I got up and changed into my exercise clothes, planning on going on a morning jog, but then,"GOOD GOD! WILL YOU GUYS JUST SHUT UP!! THE BALL ISN'T TILL SEVEN TONIGHT! THAT'S IN EIGHT HOURS!" a piercing shout said and I walked to the door, curious to see who had the guts to shout like I would.

I opened the door I saw how many girls flowed back into their rooms, some holding makeup bags or hair curlers. At the end of the hall stood a short girl with an awesome electric blue, long hair, "Hey!" I called,"Good job." I said and gave her the thumbs up as I laughed a little.

She walked to me,"Gosh they're annoying, I wonder how long it will take them to kill each other. " We laughed, "I'm Calypso by the way ." She said, stretching her arm out.

We shake hands,"That's a cool name, it explains the hair. " I said and she smiled.

"At last. Someone gets it! Not even my brothers understood the sudden change," She said in relief.

I smirked, "I'm Thea, it's nice meeting you Calypso, I got to go, but I'll see you at the ball, okay? "

She nodded and started to walk back to her room,"See you then."

I walked to the sets of gold painted elevators and pressed the down bottom being that my room was on the third floor of the building. I walked into after the ding and waited impatiently, but when I was finally out of the hairspray mad house , I took off into a sprint. I ran three miles around the dense forest, jumping and ducking over my obstacles like a piece of cake, enjoying the fresh air .

It was almost five when I got back to the hotel, so I took a shower and took out my dress, one of the two dresses I own to be precise. The black nylon fabric over the smooth grey silk made the illusion of glitter, which was something very interesting, yet gorgeous. I wore my black heels and a white rose pin that held my wavy brown hair. I decided to apply a touch of brown eyeshadow to make my dark eyes pop . Nothing more, nothing less.

"Well, don't you look stunning." James said as we met by the entrance of the ballroom .

I scoffed,"Well I look under dressed compared to the other girls and I'm supposed to be here as you guard."

"You, my friend, are weird. Why won't you just enjoy tonight? "

"You, my best friend, don't know shit about me. "

He laughed sarcastically,"Ha, ha, ha."

I rolled my eyes as I entered the ballroom, but I stopped halfway through as I looked up at the chandeliers that hung above our heads and then the fancy food set up by the dance floor which was a perfectly polished oak. "Woah!"

"Yup." He said and began to wander off.

I looked around to spot a blue dome peering through the crowd, I walked to it and found Calypso with Castor,"Hey Thea," both said in perfect synch as they spotted me.

"Hey." I said as they recovered from the momentum.

Castor laughed, "Sorry, this is my sister, Calypso. Or like I call her, Smurf ."

Calypso frowned, "You're mean Castor."

"You're lucky I'm the 'mean' one ."

"Huh, Shadow would be worse." Calypso muttered,"Anywho, you look very pretty, Thea."

I frown at their comment but I quickly respond with a smile,"Thanks, you do as well," I says, she was wearing a black strapless dress with a pair of white heels.

"Thanks- Oh no, she's here, Castor." She said as she saw over my shoulder.

Castor groaned through a low sigh,"Great, I thought he told her to stay behind. Now hell will be unleash because of her."