Chapter One- High Tides

The cold icy water froze his knees, the freezing wind blew softly onto his skin as soft snowflakes landed onto his bare back and shoulders gracefully.
"I failed." Is what ran through his mind drastically. "I could have saved him... But I couldn't" The young man was on his knees in Arkham Lake, in the lakebed with his body quivering in the cold. Salty tears rolled down his face one by one, Freezing his face as they escaped his eyes. "I'm sorry little brother," He collapsed on top of his brother's cold body, crying out loud holding his body. "Jason, I'm so... So sorry," A sound of ambulance sirens rang in his ears like an annoying alarm that you'd already gotten used to, People in all different uniforms rushed over frantically. He didn't want to leave. He couldn't leave. Grayson didn't care if he was taken to prison, only that he was there for his brother. Suddenly a large bat shaped figure dived down before him, "Let me stay.. Please..?" The young man asked with a shaky voice. "Son- I'm sorry, but it's time to let him go." Dick let out a cry to the name which his stepfather gave him, "How can you still call me your Son?!" Batman put a hand on his cold shoulder, "Because you are".
~The Next Day~
Dick knelt before Jason's display case, it was a glass display case standing upright in a vertical manner as it towered over his shaky body and inside was Jason's Robin outfit and his separate utilities. "Why did I yell at you!? Why did I let you leave!?" He shouted with an extremely angered voice which echoed in the rough walls of the Batcave. He stood up and ran to the boxing back which swung hopelessly from a chain, Dick ran towards it loading all his anger in a flurry of angered punches. The bag swayed back and forth but only swayed back to another hard punch. He collapsed onto the cold steel ground and crawled over to the display case again, the bandages on his knuckles covered in his own blood from attacking the bag so violently. His voice calmed, "It was a stupid argument... Even though Bruce said to keep you hidden from him I let you run away..." Dick choked out. "Hidden from that freak...The Joker" He spat out. The Boy Wonder stood up, only in his training leggings and wrapped hands. "I will find him." He muttered "And I will make sure, It never happens to anyone else... Ever." Then he walked back to the heavy black bag with his knuckles tight, as the bag continued to swing.