Three

Catherine's pov

It's been two days since the whole Daniel incident. I got a call from Mrs Michelle telling me I'm still hired and can come to work any day now.

So today I'm going to try to calm down and work with Daniel like there is nothing between us. He's still an ex. But I wouldn't actually call him an ex because it was hardly a relationship, let alone a wedding.

And I have to take Mattie with me. Diana has work today and can't stay with him. And I didn't want to take him to day care. I couldn't anyway. I have to be at work by 7 am and daycare opens at 8 am.

"Hey buddy?" I shook Mattie's knee from the back to wake him up. He went to sleep in the car.

He stirred and opened his eyes. He looked so darn cute when he was asleep.

"Mama?" He asked.

"We're here. Let's go." I smiled warmly at him.

He nodded and unbuckled his seat, hopping out of the car. I followed right after and held onto his little hand securely.

"Now I want you to stay with Mrs Michelle and be good. Okay? For mama?" I gave him a stern look.

He looked thoughtful for a sec. What was going on in the little mind of his?

"What will I get, mama?" He asked sheepishly with an innocent look on his face.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll take you to the amusement park you really snared to go. But..." I paused.

"You have to be good for a long time." I finished with a small smirk.

"Alright I can handle Mr Michelle." He piped one fist in the air.

Then the devil herself came and left with Mattie trailing behind her. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Smart kid." A voice said behind me.

I gasped and turned too quickly, tripping over my stupid heel. And it wasn't even that big! I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the hard ground.

But it never came.... Instead I fell into warm arms. It took me a but to realize that Daniel had just saved my impact.

With wide eyes, I pulled away and straightened myself up, breathing heavily. Straight away I missed the warmth for some reason.

"You okay Miss Locket?" He asked. I nodded once.

"Yes sir. Thank you." I thanked him calmly.

"Anyway I want my coffee. Bring it to my office in ten." He said coldly before turning around and walking away.

I stood there gawking at his back. Who the hell does he think he is? Oh right! Mr arrogant bipolar jerk face who is a complete rude ass.

I shook my head and I started to walk toward the canteen.

****++****++****

Daniels pov

I was surprised she even showed up. After the whole incident two days ago, I though she found another job by now.

But she showed up. I guess she was desperate or something. For money, that is.

I watched her as she talked with the little boy. She brought him to work. No one here does that but she did.

I stepped closer and listened to them talk.

"Now, I want you to stay with Mrs Michelle and be good. Okay? For mama?" She told him.