chapter one - present statuses

-

laura

I woke up, groaning from the mini hang-over I have at the moment because of the New Year's celebration with my friends yesterday.
Frankly, I don't usually drink. I'm not that rebel, yet perhaps? I mean, the farthest I've ever done or said anything that was 'rebel worthy' was when I complimented the artists performing in the VMAs as 'kick-ass amazing' way back in 2015– and maybe a few times when I couldn't contain myself and it just slipped when writing or recording songs– but it only went until there.

I winced as the excruciating pain of the thumping ache of my head taunted me, as I decided to take in some aspirin and water, relaxing as my headache slowly departed, taking on the effect of the medicine.

Going back, so many things has happened compared to before I signed to Disney.

It's been one hell of a ride and I actually am proud of myself, in a way. There are just those moments where I wished that time wouldn't have gone by so quickly.

For example, the lead female roles I was casted in back in the days. The memories created with my cast mates were just so magical and a distraction to the stress and pressure that once brewed upon me.

Ah, what Disney shows were I casted in again?

There's Mackenzie Falls, Down and Under, Austin and-

Austin and Ally.

"Come on and take a chance, make a stand, and break, break, break down the walls."

"I can get your heart beat, beat, beat, beatin' like, I can get your heart beat beatin' like that."

"I'm finally meeeee. I got everything I need. What you get is what you see."

"If you want a friend, doesn't matter when, anything you need that's what I'll be– you can come to me."

"Last summer we met, we started as friends, I can't tell you how it all happened."

"Tell me that I'm worth it, I'll prove that I deserve it, and I can be– the me that you don't see."

"I'm going home and I'm coming to you, chasing the beat of my heart."

"Never be afraid if you fall, I'll carry you away from it all. Let me be your superhero– let me be your super hero."

"I wanna hear you plaayyy my song. I wanna hear it aallll night long. And if we ever win, we'll hit it off again. I'll tell you what I want– I want to hear you play my song."

"There's no way I can make it without 'ya."

My eyes slowly started to swell up, a bit wet as tears began to form, due of the Austin and Ally songs that were just flashed before me, making me adore the lyrics, reminisce at how it basically tracked my life and music style for four years, and how it was filmed at the studio back in California.

I cringed at the sudden and familiar pain in my head and chest, remembering how long it has been.

It just made me ponder how my cast mates are doing now.