chapter two - interrupting calls

-

ross

After having the most relaxing sleep I've never had in so long, I decided to finally get up, after debating with my inner-conscience as to wake up, or to just stare up into the ceiling as always.

Today was the day I get to see my past again.

I get to see the people I grew up with, the people that made a partial impact as to who I am now, and I know that nothing would stop m-

We're all in this together, once we know, that we are, we're all stars, and we see that.

The ring tone of my phone set for my boss, Sean, then interrupted my thoughts, as my phone signaled that he called me.

"Hello?"

-

laura

Arriving at the restaurant, I paced back and forth before approaching the girl managing the seats, anxious and uncontrollable of my feelings.

Raini just texted me a minute ago and informed me on how she and Calum just arrived at the booth with both crazy news.

She didn't mention if it was good or bad crazy, but it sure did make me curious, letting my mind wander off to the craziest and weirdest possibilities.

I truly was relieved that both of them were able to reply as soon as possible and declare that they were attending, making me beam so hard.

Ross on the other hand though, never replied. He didn't mention a thing, so I assumed that A, he didn't receive the message because he was too busy or B, he changed his phone number, or C, he just didn't want to go and cling onto his past, or at least just witness it once again.

"Miss, do you have a reservation?" A waitress then inquired, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Actually, yes I do. But the other, um, people are there already." I replied, stuttering a tad.

"Marano." I then added, after composing myself and taking a breath, hoping that Carly, the waitress, would get my message.

"Oh, table 2 miss. Take a left at the first door you see, and it'll lead you to your booth." She instructed, politely.

I made sure I remembered her directions on where to go, thanking her after and proceeding to the table where Calum and Raini was.

As I approached the reserved seatings, I see the two heads faced back at me, and immediately a smug look is plastered on my face as my mind brews up a little 'Laura-like' scheme.

I then slowly crept up on the two, imagining what their hilarious reac–

"Boo!" A low, mocking voice grabbed me by my shoulders behind, slightly shaking it, catching me off-guard.

"Ross!?" I shrieked, half unsure and excited, clutching my heart through my shirt as it rapidly pumped blood, making me giggle a bit.