Wishing

*Adam's POV*

She took my breath away. Her hair, her voice, but most of all, her gorgeous face.

When she started to cry, I felt a sympathy for her that was true, deep, and genuine. I felt as if everything that happened to her, happened to me. And in that very moment, her whole life was illuminated and brought to life once again. The deepest, darkest secrets of her past creeped back into the light and were shown in their full intensity.

As we stood there; her crying in my arms, and me holding her, I realized that even the smallest connection had been made between us. A connection that was the start of something deep, something foreign to both of us... or at least somewhat foreign.

Suddenly her tears dried and she dabbed under her eyes. Her eyes got wide as if she forgot something that had just come to her attention.

"Oh my goodness! Work! I've got to go!" she seemed rushed and in a flurry. "I can't believe I forgot! Ugh! I'm so, so sorry! I- I... here..," she said, as she scavenged through her purse and found a scrap of paper and a pen. "Here. Here's my number. Call me around 2. That's my lunch break. I'll take you out for lunch. I'm so sorry again for the eye."

I was in utter shock as she quickly wrote her number down on the back of a receipt of some sort. She handed me the piece of paper and glanced down at where my medicinal ointment had fallen upon the ground and out of the bag. She giggled a little and then looked embarrassed for doing so.

"I'm sorry. I-I probably should go now. It's my first day..," she almost whispered. She smiled up at me, her green eyes twinkling in the sun. "I'll talk to you later then?"

She looked at me, her eyes questioning. My heart stopped beating, I gasped for breath.

"Uh, ye-yeah. Yeah, um... sure. Yeah, I'll um... I'll call you later. I mean, no. It's okay. You didn't even-," I said trying to hand her back the piece of number as if it were the lunch itself. She cut me off and pushed her number toward me, urging me to take it.

"Please... call me." She said it with a simple urge and a slight smile on her lips. She looked content and I felt her warm hands over mine, once again handing me the slip of paper.

She smiled again, picked up her things, and gave me a slight squeeze.

"Thanks." She said it pure and simple, but out of that one word came a rush of emotions. I found it hard to smile back as I had shock plastered across my face.

She entered Walgreens a bit flustered, but she was graceful even so.

I stood there. I stood there looking toward the automatic doors that she had just entered. I was in complete awe of her. I clutched the paper toward my chest and sighed.

I was in love.

I was simply in love.