Chapter 1- The Car Ride

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I start hitting my hand on my nightstand in attempts to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. After hitting it about 20 times I get frustrated and unplug the chord from the wall, only to hear that annoying beeping. I groan and sit up, staring at the chord in my hands with confusion. Looking around the room I realize it wasn't even my alarm. Sitting silently I focus in on the sound, coming from down the hall. Most likely from Devon's room... That ass.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I lazily got up from my bed and dragged myself to my bathroom. I flipped the light switch on to find myself looking like a genuine mess. My hair was tangled and all over the place, a slight trail of dried drool down the side of my mouth. I cringed as I washed my face and started putting on basic make up, not wanting to put any real effort into my appearance today.

I brushed my teeth and pulled my phone out. My heart skipped a beat when I read who it was from. Troy.

Troy: Need a ride?

My cheeks flushed as I smiled idiotically at my screen. This was the sign of a good day

Belle: Yes please. What time can you come over?

Troy: I'm on my way :)

With that smiley face he added at the end of his text my heart melted. I know, I know he and his cute blue eyes and brown hair are way out of my league. But then again he doesn't have a mate...and neither do I. So it could potentially work out until then. But he's my best friend and with the 'best' part that means I'm way too deep into the friend zone. Which kills me 'cause personally I think Troy and I would be a rather cute couple.

Troy and Isabelle. Isabelle and Troy. Yeah, a shame it'll never be.

'Would you stop thinking about him? We're gonna find our mate in less then a month If I must remind you.' My wolf scolded. She didn't like the fact that I'm head over heels over my best friend and she was ecstatic to meet her mate. In our pack, you usually find your mate when you turn 17, and most of the time femmes figure it out before the males do. And my wolf, just like every other femme has dreamed about having the perfect mate.

Making me way down the stairs I walked into the kitchen and took a seat, grabbing an apple in the process. Looking over at the stove I checked what time it was.

7:15am.

Troy should be here soon.

Loud thumping noises came from behind me. I saw my brothers Devon, James, and Zach run down stairs, and go for some thing in the fridge. They're pushing and shoving each other out of the way in order to get whatever it is they want.

I took a bite of my apple and watched as James won, being the oldest, therefore the strongest out of the three. James walked around victorious eating what seemed to be a piece of string cheese.

"Wait, that's what you guys were fighting about?" I asked trying my best not to laugh. Zach stared at me as if I was crazy.

"Are you kidding me? What's not to fight about form string cheese? I mean that stuff is really good!" I rolled my eyes and took a bite of an apple that was in a bowl.

"So, Belle, how are you going to school? Do you need a ride?" Devon asked as he sat across from me, giving James the stink eye while he ate his cheese.

I shook my head "Nah, not today Dev. Troy is giving me a ride." Zach smirked when I said that.

"Yeah Devon, Isabelle's little boyfriend is going to give a her a ride to school. But before they get to school they're gonna have a mini make-out session in Troy's van." Zack mocked. James growled slightly at him. I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed before returning the gesture.