Episode 1

I hope you guys enjoy this one!! :D
~~~~
"Audrey! What are you doing here?" Alicia asked cheerfully, hugging a girl with pale skin, long black hair and bright eyes.
"I'm taking a short break from school... I need to earn my volunteer hours. Some of my college classes have required me to volunteer somewhere. I found out they needed some extra help here, so I thought, might as well, right? Heh..."Audrey answered with a smile. "Plus, I'm thinking of living here for a while, taking a long break from school... I mean, hey! I came from the other side of the country!" She added, rubbing the back of her neck.
"Cool! Move in with us! Hey, I hate to bring this up, but how's your sister? I've seen her around here and there but whenever I tried to talk to her, she'd ignore me."
"I honestly wouldn't know. My mom hasn't let me talk to her or my little brother."
"Oh... Speaking of her. How is she? Has she gotten better about things?"
"About what? The drugs? Pffft, no. She'll never get better, I've given up. After 18 years of trying to help her and getting a bunch of terrible shit in return, it was inevitable that I'd give up. How's Nicki? I've been trying to call him since he left me a weird ass voice mail, but his phone got disconnected after that."
"He's in the hospital. The idiot got himself run over."
"Was he high?"
"What do you think? I honestly don't even know why you care, you guys broke up."
"It doesn't mean he isn't my friend. We've been friends since kindergarten!Apart from you and your mom- he was the only one to help me cope with things. Plus," Audrey paused and began speaking with a lower voice, "after everything that happened, I still love him, you know?"
"Yeah, I guess." Alicia sighed.
"I am so glad your mom let me sleepover as much as she did, because if she didn't, I don't think I'd be alive. And I mean that in every way possible. You're like a sister to me, you know that, right?" Audrey said with a grin.
"Yeah. You're like a sister to me, too." Alicia smiled back. "How's Berklee?"
"Oh my god, it's great! A lot of work, yeah. But nothing I can't handle."
"I'm glad..." Alicia grinned cheekily. Her smiled then dropped quickly, "well, I'll quit bothering you and let you do what you came to do."
"You're not bothering me at all, Ally. I missed you."
"Umm... Look, I'm heading to the hospital with my mom later to see my idiot brother. Do you wanna come?"
"Yeah, I wanna go. But I don't think Nicki will be happy to see me at all." Audrey spoke softly, her head hanging low as she stared at her feet.
"I think Nick will literally jump out of his bed with happiness when he sees you."
"Fine. I'll go with you guys. I'll see you later."
"See you later."
And with that, Audrey walked off to the main office.

     "Hello? May I speak with someone about applying to volunteer here?" Audrey asked at the desk.
"Yes. Of course. But you'll have to fill these papers out, first." A lady with short, curly red hair answered, passing a clipboard with a few papers attached to her.
    Audrey smiled and took the clipboard softly, "thank you, Mrs. Borges."
    "You're welcome, Audrey. It's nice seeing you again, by the way."
   Audrey sat down in one of the waiting chairs and began filling the form out.
After two minutes, Audrey walked back up to the desk and turned the form in.
   "Well, the principal is busy right now, but Ms. Clark said she'd help you out instead. I believe you remember where her office is, right?" Mrs. Borges asked.
Audrey nodded, "I was in there so much, how could I not remember?" She laughed nervously as she walked over to the councilor's office.
Audrey sighed and rapped on the door softly. "Come in." Said the voice from inside.
    She quietly opened the door, walked in, and sat down in the seat in front of the woman's desk.
"Oh my goodness, Audrey! Hello!" Madison beamed.
    "Hey, mom," Audrey greeted with a smile.
"How have you been? What college did you decide to go to out of the five?"
"Berklee College of Music! I told you like twenty times!"
"Congratulations! And I know, but with Nick on my mind.." She sighed as Audrey giggled. "What're you here for? What do you need?"
"It's nice to see you too. I would like to volunteer here."
"Oh. Alright. Did you fill the application?"
"Yup! The lady at the front has it."
"Cool! All I have to do is explain things, then."
About twenty minutes later, Audrey and Madison were still talking.
"So, Alli told me Nicki's in the hospital and that you guys are visiting after school. Do you mind if I come?"
"Of course I don't mind if you come. You're family. Would you like to go with us or will you be meeting us there?"
"I might as well go with you guys, right? If you don't mind."
"Again, I don't mind, Audrey."
  "You know... I might as well take my own car. Just in case Nick's not so happy about me being there..."