Bloody Painter

[ Direct link to the OP art of the cover included in the external link. Please leave a favorite and comment there to support the artist. ]

____

Helen is 14 years old. The dark circles around his eyes make it look as if he's never slept. He doesn't care about his messy black hair, since he doesn't like to put too much effort into tidying himself up; it's unnecessary.

His seat is at the back of the classroom, next to the window; he always sits there drawing quietly, drawing is everything to him. He doesn't like to socialize with people, making him a lonely one.

There was a person being pushed to the floor after school. Tom, who is always the victim of bullying, not because he did anything before, people just don't seem to like him. These things happen often, and Helen is used to it. Though he does feel bad for Tom, he doesn't want to interfere, as he figures it would be quite bothersome.

During recess, Judy says she's missing her watch as she searches for it. Helen doesn't help her, since it's none of his business. Suddenly, someone sees something flashing in Helen's bag.

"What's this?" Ban says, as he digs his hand into the bag, and takes out a watch that is trimmed with fake diamonds. Helen is very surprised to see it, as he doesn't know how it got there. 

"Ah! That's my watch!" Judy snatches the watch from Ban. Both of them stare at Helen with a weird glare. 

"I wasn't the one who stole it," says Helen, without raising his head from his drawing. 

"Yeah right," Judy leaves the classroom with Ban as she concludes.

The following day, as usual, Helen sits at his table drawing. He notices that the atmosphere doesn't feel right around him; people start whispering about him, and even a few start calling him a "Thief". He decides not to explain for himself, as he knows that it's useless to do so.

As time passes, Helen becomes the new target victim for people to bully; everything he does now is being exaggerated. He doesn't like it, but he doesn't resist. He keeps his feelings in his heart, choosing to stay silent.

Until one day, Ban came to him and snatched his notebook, with his unfinished drawing on it. "Always doing these meaningless things," Says Ban as he tears out a few pages of drawings, tearing them into pieces, fishing to see Helen's reaction. Because of this malicious action, the feelings that he have been holding bursts out. He punches Ban in the face, and starts the fight. Helen isn't that powerful however, so he was beaten up in no time. Other students went to see the fight, without stopping it; some people even stomped him in his face and stomach.

Right as the bell rings, everyone stops what they're doing and goes back to their seats before the teacher comes. Helen returns to his seat, as if nothing happened. The teacher enters the room later on, "Oh my, Otis! What happened?" Helen has so many visible bruises on him that the teacher notices right after she enters the room. Everybody turns to look at him, waiting for him to give a response while glaring at him with a murderous look. "I fell from the stairs, Miss." Helen replies as the glares disappear.

After returning home from school, his parents also ask him what happened, and he responds with the same answer. The blue jacket he is wearing covers all of the bruises other than those on his face. His parents believe it without doubts. Usually, when Helen's parents ask about how things are going at school, he always says he's fine. He's even lied about making a lot of friends, living happily every day. Helen refuses to tell his parents the truth, since he doesn't want to make his parents worry about him.