ACT IV: CHAPTER ELEVEN: MOTHER

ACT IV: CLOSING SCORE

CHAPTER ELEVEN: MOTHER

Piper likes ruling.

She likes the way her new title sounds rolling from the edge of her tongue-words perfect and punctuated. Piper also enjoys the decision making that comes with it, money issues aside-it had been dreadfully easy to fabricate accounts for the charity which were then redirected into a lesser known private account of her own-ruling Britain is enthralling-it is falling off a cliff and knowing that she will be saved once she reaches the bottom.

As the ground beneath her begins to solidify, forming a concrete path towards the throne and the palace-Piper's plans become bigger, adventurous, daring-or so the papers claim, a firmer Britain paving the way to a greater Britain. Piper is methodical, precise, and efficient enough to get new policies underway immediately, the most important one being the complete reshuffling of everyone working in the current cabinet.

There are few who understand the decision that Piper has made, they admit that they don't begrudge Piper for doing so, as she is far too left wing for political party members to willingly follow down this path of five years of 'democracy'. However, for every five people who set about to quietly gather their things and leave, there is one other who becomes a living nightmare. This creature, this bitter insignificant being will snarl at Piper, pure hate bubbling beneath the surface as their very livelihood is stripped away from them in the short time frame it takes to utter the two words, "You're fired."

The snarling ones put up a fight, indignant tones ringing loud in Piper's ears before it becomes muffled by the low rumbles of security ordering them out of building-the unwillingness to cause a scene the biggest driving force-which leaves Piper with twenty-one job roles to be filled for the cabinet.

Finn is smart enough now-finally having gotten the jist that yes, whilst he may have been useful in helping Piper get a leg-up in this vicious cycle, it is still her game to play-not to question Piper's actions, or point out that finding twenty-one educated, successful and credited department ministers to fill her cabinet, to provide Piper with counsel for many years to come is quite an outlandish thing to suggest in the short time frame that Piper insists she stick to-as Piper gets stuff done, and that's the only thing that matters.

So, on the following Monday morning-after a whole weekend of running things by Eric and Chase to ensure that everything is perfect for the week ahead-twenty-one decorated, educated, successful and credited department ministers gather in Piper's conference room-former employees of her fathers-ready get the job done.

"Fill your offices with people you trust," Piper advises, "people who can get the job done-who understand what's being asked of them." This is no longer child's play, these are the people her father would entertain at galas and other important events, people Piper know are ruthless in a way her inner circle hasn't quite yet achieved. The people-these tools-are how Piper will sit on her throne.

"We'll do whatever is necessary, Piper. For your father."

***

"As we begin our progression into a firmer Britain-a greater Britain, we must also remember whom our enemy is. Not only must we fear of those who have spent the last twenty-years worsening our living conditions, but also our friends-our allies, whom have been in full support of these movements and have been reckless and selfish in their actions. This is why I answer your calling-the wide-spread need of the nation-and respond to these cries for help with what is our next step together in enforcing a better global image of Britain, by reintroducing public execution. Treason committed against the government-against me-will be dealt with severely and justly. For the past twenty years, we have all been denied of our right to justice, and that ends today. These small steps we take together will lead us right to the salvation we need."