3.6

The thing everyone was talking about on Monday was the dance at the end of the month. It was supposed to raise money for the seniors for our senior trip. It was going to be semi-formal and held in our gym. Violet was talking about wanting to help decorate and managed to rope me into it too.

"I heard rumors that we'd be going camping." Michael said, regarding our senior trip - we were waiting for the first bell to ring to signal to get to class.

"I heard people throwing around the idea that we should fly to California for a week." Calum smirked. "Do you know how cool that would be?"

"Do you know how many people would try to get drunk?" Ashton pointed out. "Even just going camping, I know a bunch of you guys will get shitfaced."

"I don't want to go on a trip without you." Amy pouted, looking up at her boyfriend.

"I won't be there either." Violet said, sounding a little offended that no one cared she wouldn't be going. She was  a grade below the rest of us so she wasn't allowed to go on the senior trip. "No one's gonna stay home for me."

"I don't like camping." Michael said, making a face. "You can stay with Ashton and I at our place if you want that week."

We'd be gone for a week which meant the underclassmen had that week off as well. I figured with all of us gone, Violet could just go hang out with her boyfriend but apparently she'd still rather hang out with us. I wasn't complaining, it made me feel special.

"Do you want to go?" Luke asked, looking down at me and gently squeezing my hand that he had in his.

"Camping?" I clarified.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, that's what we've been talking about."

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I don't like the idea of being around everyone while they're trying to get drunk."

"Especially Ross." Calum added in, rolling his eyes.

I nodded. "Yeah, there's that. But also the fact there's still some people who aren't that...okay with me being me. Some girls refuse to change in front of me in the locker rooms now."

"Hey, me too!" Calum smiled, going for a high five.

I blew him off and looked at my sister. "I'll go if you go."

She frowned. "But Ashton."

"But freedom to get drunk." Calum grinned. "Maybe someone will even put weed in the campfire and get the entire class high of their asses."

Luke laughed,high fiving his friend for his "genius" idea. I did have to admit it was clever. I didn't condone it, but I thought it was funny.

The bell rang and Amy rolled her eyes. "We'll talk about it at home, I guess."

As she said her goodbyes and I love yous to Ashton, I grabbed my stuff and started walking with Calum to first period. I felt a tug on my wrist and was pulled back into Luke's chest.

"Wait a minute." he giggled before leaning down and kissing my cheek. "Alright, you can go."

"Bye!" I waved to him, jogging to catch up with Calum.

"Are you guys together now or what?" he asked as we walked through the halls to English class.

"I guess," I shrugged, "kind of. He didn't ask me and I didn't ask him but it's pretty obvious we're not seeing anyone else."

He looked down at me. "Do you plan on asking him?"

I stared down at the floor as we walked and I thought about it. I didn't even know if I wanted anyone to ask anyone anything. Yeah, I really liked Luke, but would things be different if we were actually in a legitimate relationship? Would things suddenly become closer and more intimate? I just liked how things were now.

I shrugged and made a nervous I don't know sort of sound. Calum just chuckled and shook his head as we entered Mr Lavoie's class. We took our normal seats and waited for my sister to show up. It wasn't until right as the bell rang that she appeared at the door, looking like she had run all the way there.

"Nice of you to join us, Trouble." Mr Lavoie greeted her. "Take your seat next to Double and we'll get started."

"Do you always have to crack a twin joke when you see us?" she asked him, walking to sit between Calum and I.

He shrugged and nodded. "If I don't, it feels like I'm suffocating."

"Dark." Calum commented.

Mr Lavoie sat in his swivel chair at the head of the class in front of the whiteboard and rubbed his hands together. "Alright, so today, we'll be moving onto a book called To Kill A Mockingbird. Has anyone read this book before?"

I had and I knew Amy had too after I told her about it but neither of us wanted to seem like know-it-all's. Everyone in the class already thought we were ever since I showed up. We'd read everything in the curriculum so far and seemed to know about everything Mr Lavoie tried to teach us.

Like he knew, Mr Lavoie gave a look to me and Amy, cocking an eyebrow. "Nothing?"

Instead of replying, the both of us just shook our heads.

He nodded slowly as if he suspected we were lying but carried on with handing out books - which Amy and I may or may not have already owned but we just kept our mouths shut about it. Amy flipped through her book like she was trying to see how much reading she'd actually have to do, and then tossed the book onto her desk like she didn't like the answer she'd come up with.

"It's about two kids named Scout and Jem," Mr Lavoie explained as he passed out the books, "and they go on a few adventures together. Like any other book, there's a lesson to be learned at the end, but that's for all of you to figure out."

"How long are we going to be reading this?" Calum asked, sounding bored with the assignment already.

"All month." he replied, sitting back in his chair.

"Including over the break?" Calum asked, leaning forward in his seat a little.

Mr Lavoie nodded. "Yup!"

The whole class groaned and Calum let his head fall forward onto his desk. "I just wanted to get the class high and enjoy it."

.

.

.

.

He's a filler update since it's been a while. About a week, I think.

Also, completely irrelevant, but I started a new 5sos fic. It's called Anatomy and basically it's about girl!5sos and i need help figuring out girls that would be good for the boys' alternates. I put a list of who I chose in the prologue so you can go check it out pleaseeeeee!

Okay that's all I have to say. Sorry for talking so much. Ily guys have a good day and treat people nicely!!