Chapter One

Hey guys.

 Welcome to the first chapter.

 Please don't forget to vote comment and share if you enjoy it.

___________;

• • •

1864

There are many things in life that change and shape us. Like a soft clay that can be moulded in to any shape. Any size. Any colour. The path we choose makes out our destiny, whether it's for the best or for the worst. We know not.

As they say. No one can fight the battle, for it is you who has been chosen. Like a traveller passing down a deserted road. With no destination, yet hope leading him home. Urging him to move forward. That was how life moulded each one. And so as it was, as the warm breeze settled on the green patches of the Northern Hills. The people waited in anxiousness and jolt of excitement, awaiting to see the new rulers, finally be announced.

The Great Kingdom stood in large rows, each holding their breath. Some in excitement. Some in grave worry. And some glad an offering was made in the midst of a great collapsing.  All dissolving in to utter silence. The wind had somehow made its way into the old building, allowing the sun to flicker her light onto the stained glass positioned onto the windows, painting the prophecies of the great Kings of the past. The playing of soft music echoed loudly in the centuries old hall of Royals. Whilst the Kingdom looked in anticipation, the banner to each state making the kingdom a whole, flickering delicately against the breeze settling in each corner.

Anticipation seared through the hearts of hundreds, the finest of gold and their silver decorating their body whilst they pledged their allegiance to their broken spirits, insisting the new rulers names would forevermore be sung in folklore. The doors suddenly opened with a low creak, and the metal staffs beating against the marbled floor welcomed the arrival of the one person, who would save the failing greedy kingdom.

Their large eyes curious stared at the petite form at the altar, under the archway entrance. 

It happened all too fast. Time had almost blurred in the parabellum of rightness and wrong. The words were barely whispered out, yet, loud enough for their enhanced hearings. As the young woman whispered a small 'Yes'. Sealing her fate to the Savage King of Beasts. 

You see, fate was cruel sometimes. It was unfair to see such a beautiful soul be tied against a barbaric creature; yet no one said anything as they all stood applauding merrily to the tunes and games being played before them. Forcing the girl to accept her fate. Their vows to their king long being forgotten, just to save their skin and their riches. 

The tall figure that stood out before all, at the heart of of the hall intimidated every breath of the people before him. His broad shoulders seemed to stiffen as he stepped forward, his dark golden eyes gleaming with something unknown. The Ruler of Niyara and the Eight Kingdoms.

A man of his status should have been bathed in gold and silver . His head ought to have been adorned in the crowns merely a dream to the common man, yet all he wore was a simple white shirt and black trousers. And the title of kingdoms he knew the people around him would kill for. It was said he was the cruellest man to walk on earth. A man with no heart or soul. For he had sold it to the devil. He was the King of Niyara. An urban legend. A beast of a Man. But rumours claimed many things in a kingdom like Elayar.