Chapter Two { Joey On Monday's }

A collection of constant beeping echoed around the bedroom. Zayn's mind felt clouded as he forced his eyes open, bringing himself up from the pillow with a loud groan. The more the beeping continued, the more they seemed to drill into his mind like one of those automatic tools.

He could feel his messy black hair sprawled across his forehead, in comparison to the smart and slick quiff that he normally had it gelled into. He felt overheated and sticky, and there was the constant grumbling in his mind which made him think there was some sort of road works going on up there. A strange sickly feeling came over him, slowly building up before pausing in the pit of his throat, when the beeping stopped.

To be accurate, his alarm clock had somehow managed to take a hit from something and was now on the floor. Zayn opened his eyes a little more, realising that he was not in the centre of his bed, and was actually laid out on the right side, far away from the alarm clock. Why on earth was he on this side of the bed? Zayn had always been a restful sleeper, he slept like a log, and could even get to sleep in the strangest positions. He always fell asleep in one position and woke up in the same one, so how the hell had he gotten wrapped up in the duvet on one particular side?

"Seven fucking am." Came a grumble from beside him, and Zayn's eyes finally widened to the widest they'd ever been. His brown-eyed gaze slowly looked up from his white pillowcase, and locked onto the sleeping figure next to him. A mop of brown curls were sleeping next to him, the man's face covered up from his arm, which was leant across his eyes, as if protecting him.

Zayn looked over him in confusion, before realising that his legs were somehow tangled up in the legs of the curly haired male's next to him, and he quickly pulled himself away, squeaking a little when he felt how his bare body was cold against his expensive sheets. He covered his mouth quickly, not wanting to wake up the sleeping stranger, and simply kept edging away from him, trying to figure out who the hell he was. Of course, his heavily hungover head was not giving any type of co-operation.

The raven haired lad seemed to somehow manage to slip out from his bed and land onto the floor with no loud sound, and when he glanced down at his naked self, he hissed and quickly reached over to the pair of light grey jogging bottoms that were folded in a washing basket. He yanked them on hastily, blushing as he looked down at himself. He couldn't believe he had just done this, if anyone found out about this, even his parents, he'd be dead...and humiliated, for that matter.

As he sat on his bedroom floor, digging around in the washing basket, hoping to find a clean T-shirt to slip on, he didn't realise that the boy next to him had rolled over in bed, so that he was now on the side that Zayn was on. His arms were crossed on the edge of the bed, his chin resting in the nook of his arms, as his green eyes watched Zayn carefully. His brown curls were ruthlessly sprawled everywhere, not that the kid cared, he was more interested in the young man who was rummaging through a plastic washing basket, hissing to himself.

"Someone's woken up after his first one night stand." The husky voice rolled out from above Zayn, and his eyes widened as he slowly turned around and looked up into the face of the boy.

There was a long glance exchanged between them both. Zayn recognised him from somewhere, he just didn't know where. It wasn't the firm, was it? He gave an awkward, tight-lipped smile as he looked up into the curious face that was looking down at him, his mind scanning every department at his Father's work.

The curly haired boy didn't move, he simply continued to stare down at Zayn, his green eyes wide with interest as he watched him pull a T-shirt over his body. Zayn could know feel the green eyes burning into the back of his head now, it felt so obvious, and he felt like he was being watched like a hawk. He tried to distract himself, thinking about what day it was, and what had happened the previous night. He was hoping it was a Sunday, which was his day off, and normally the day he would spend with his parents. Looks like today would be different for him.