Chapter Five { Charcoal Detailing }

Zayn Malik wasn't exactly sure what he should expect when he reached his apartment door, looking over the expensive wood and the silver numbers brandished onto them. For some reason he had handed the curly haired male his house keys, but it was now his biggest regret. The businessman's mind had begun to run ragged with awful ideas of Harry calling in his stripper pals to ransack the modern apartment and leave nothing but the deep oak floorboards, if Zayn was lucky.

From the minute his Calvin Klein covered rear had touched his office chair, dread had filled him. The brunette was a natural walking mess as he had observed from the piles of crumbs and the messy desk in front of him as he looked over his office. He had remembered sighing heavily before trying to finish his work.

What if the boy simply made a big mess? It wouldn't surprise Zayn if the male decided to randomly build a pillow fort in the living room, pushing the large sofas out of their perfected place and throwing blankets across the floor. He had shuddered once more and hoped that the hands on his office clock would move a lot quicker.

His poor kitchen, Zayn had then gasped to himself before his hands had braced his face in a supportive hold, his mind running wild. Images of messy sinks and spilt food started to litter his attention. Harry Styles was most definitely a messy person and it had worried Zayn all afternoon until the long hand of the clock reached 6, the shorter one trailing behind to summon his home time. For the first time in quite a while, the raven haired boy had been in a hell of a rush to get himself home, and yet now stood at his door he cringed at the thought.

He craned his ear towards the wood, his hands pressing lightly against it, trying to hear anything he could. Anyone, in fact. The large door managed to block any possible sounds that inside could be home too, which caused a ragged sigh to leave his lips once again, before he forced his knuckles to tap eagerly against the door. In giving Harry Styles his keys, he had lost his only set. He had never had to make another pair.

He stepped back and loosened his tie as he waited for his guest to let him into his own home, his Adam's apple bobbing slowly in the newfound freedom from the tight collar of his shirt. His left foot shuffled the heaviness of his body over to the right, before heard the door click and returned to his normal composure and balance.

Harry Styles grinned as he swung the door open, and watched as Zayn's eyes quickly darted over the boy's shoulder to see the state of his apartment. Thankful his dark orbs found it in its normal state which made a slight smile linger over his lips before he finally realised that the boy in front of him was in fact, once again, practically nude.

"Watcha looking at, silly?" Harry laughed a little.

He had caught the way that Zayn's eyes had slightly obviously dragged over his boxer-clad body, his brown eyes going over each of his toned abs as if it were a speedbump, the best kind of speedbump. The curly haired male had to clear his throat as a cheeky looking smirk slipped onto his lips, his large hand reaching out for Zayn's arm to pull the boy inside, the door being closed with his other.

"Nothing." The clothed lad quickly quipped, before he practically stomped past the boy in embarrassment.

He didn't want the younger boy to see the blushing tint to his now red cheeks, especially when that oh so bad photo of the boy in question still being fresh within Zayn's mind. The businessman was confused and scattered enough as it was from a photo, he didn't need the real thing in front of him; teasing him.

He simply removed his tie from his neck as he locked himself in his bedroom as his body slumped against the bedroom door. He delivered boardroom talks about stats and figures in front of large rooms of extremely scary looking men, he hired people, fired people, and yet a boxer clad boy put him right out of business. He heard himself mumble a low curse, and cursed himself for doing so, before proceeded to change into some more comfortable clothes.