Tallstar

Sent in by Starlingfall_Potato

"I am grateful to have brought the Clan this far. Onewhisker, treat our friends well when you lead our Clan. Remember everything ThunderClan has done for us."

Tallstar dies in the middle of Starlight from The New Prophecy arc, soon after the clan reaches their home. This is also when he appoints Onewhisker as his new deputy right before he passes. In the short manga story at the back of Tallstar's Revenge, we can see that Jake, Firestar's father and an old friend of Tallstar's when he was still Talltail, leads him up to StarClan. Tallstar lived a good long life, and he got to see their new home. If you realize, from the moment Rusty entered the forest and became Firepaw, Tallstar was already leader. From the beginning of the books up until now, Tallstar has led WindClan through many battles, triumphs, and defeats. So Tallstar was pretty old by the time of his death. As he thinks, "I've led nine good lives". It seems fitting now that in a new territory making a fresh start, Tallstar's reign ends as a new saga of the Clan life begins for WindClan with Onestar. I'd say these were pretty Meaningful last words. What do you think of them?

RATE
-Powerful
-Touching
-Meaningful
-Heartbreaking
-Funny
-Boring

Photo courtesy of senely.deviantart.com