Tables Do Turn

Over 640 reads! I don't even know how to feel about this, you guys are amazing! I love every single one of you, thank you for reading. I hope you really enjoy this chapter, things are starting to heat up again so I hope you are all ready for it. Read on an enjoy.

Gray's POV:

His eyes, what does she mean about his eyes? I pondered that question throughout the entire day after Erza and I took Lucy home.

Earlier that day:

"I-I just don't know who he is anymore." Lucy said as she weakly clung onto me. "We can't lose him... I can't lose him."

I nodded to her and sighed, slowly pulling her to my chest. I looked up at Erza, Happy, and Levy to see they were just as upset and confused as I was.

"How could this even happen?" Levy asked causing Erza and I to look at each other.

"How could what happen?" Erza crossed her arms.

"How could we lose Natsu." Levy said with such sorrow, that even someone who hated Natsu could feel.

When Levy said those words I heard Lucy's breath halt to a stop and her grip tightened to me. I shot looks up at Levy, but they weren't looks of anger, more like looks of regret.

Erza pulled Levy into a hug as we noticed she was about to break down as well. As best friends came, it was pretty evident that Lucy was Levy's best friend, and it was more than hard for her to see her like this. "I-I'm so sorry we couldn't help!" Levy buried her face into Erza as she cried into her chest. Happy put his paw on Levy's leg and tried to hold in tears as he stood there looking at Lucy and I.

A few minutes later:

I soon noticed Lucy's breathing returned to it's usual, slow pace, which was such a relief. Soon her grip loosened and she slightly pulled away, just barely looking up at me. I gave her the best smile I could muster up, just like I feel Natsu would do for her. "Hey." I said softly, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Lucy's POV:

I cried so much that I was sure I would never be able to cry again. My head was pounding and my heart was racing as I thought of Natsu. I looked up to see that it was Gray who I ended up clinging onto for those long moments. I slowly held his hand to my cheek after he finished wiping my eyes. "Hi." I said so faintly, that if Natsu were here, I'd be sure he wouldn't have been able to hear.

I guess just that one simple word made everyone a little happier, because I could feel the atmosphere in the room completely change. But I still knew it was there, I knew the cage was still behind me. And in that cage, I knew what was inside, it was Natsu, our Natsu...my Natsu.

Gray smiled again as wiped the tear stains from my cheeks before he slowly pulled his hand off of my cheek, but he held my hand to his chest and I looked at him puzzled for a moment. I could feel nothing out of the ordinary, his heart was at a normal pace and his breathing was normal, so I couldn't get what he wanted to make me realize. "You feel that?" He asked softly.

I looked at him and shook my head, still confused at what he was trying to do.

"My heart is steady, I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid to do what it takes." He said before pulling me into another hug.

"Gray..." I said with such a tone that even made me more cheerful.

"I will personally do whatever it takes to help him, and to help you." He pulled away from the hug and looked at me dead in the eyes.

I nodded, I kept nodding repeatedly, I felt like I was never going to stop nodding my head. There was a smile on my face, that for the first time since this all started, felt truly genuine. "Thank you Gray, but you won't do this alone, because I will help."